Trump: Kim Jong Un "loves his people"

Just when you thought the bar couldn’t get lower.

Thank you for starting this thread. This specific quote from Trump needs to be highlighted. You can’t be fast and loose with your words when describing a horrific dictator who starves and murders his own people.

■■■■ Trump. Seriously.

1 Like

On a curious anecdotal note: My formerly-Tea Partyin,’ now-Trump votin’ mom has long been fond of this formulation, particularly with regard to Vladimir Putin: “Well, he loves his people.” I’m certain if it’s somehow related to her oft-expressed belief that a benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government, but I suspect that somehow, it is. :slight_smile:

Trump got fooled by Kim. It wasn’t hard. Trump is ignorant.

2 Likes

Hey, have you watched the propaganda video that the Trump administration made for Kim yet? It’s pretty amazing.

Yes intentionally allowing your people to starve, blowing your own family to pieces with anti aircraft guns, and throwing anyone accused of “counter revolutionary” behavior into a prison system so bad that it appalled even the KGB is the height of love.

I have. I don’t understand anyone who thinks that was a good idea. Except reality TV loons with short attention spans.

Oh, you gotta see it.

Loves them skinny or eaten alive by rabid dogs or used as target practice by anti aircraft guns.

Jeez, I sure hope Donald doesn’t love us like Kim loves the North Koreans.

1 Like

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

1 Like

Not gonna be many “conservatives” here is my guess…

“I think he liked me, and I like him."

That’s all that matters, right there.

I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country.

The rubes (with all due respect to your sainted mother) eat that kind of crap up.

1 Like

brings back memories

“I looked the man in the eye. I found him very straightforward and trustworthy – I was able to get a sense of his soul.”

The thing is, I am not even averse to us talking to NK, in principle; I am fully aware there are diplomatic niceties and ■■■■■■■■ and all that. I just don’t know why Trump has to be so over the top with the praise, and the multiple choices to do this in the weirdest, cheesiest, and most unctuous way possible (setting aside the substantive problems with all of it). Hey, but he got Dennis Rodman to cry on TV, so there’s that.

Stuff like this falls under the It’s Okay If You’re A Republican clause.

to be neatly filled away and never brought up in case the republicans falls out of favor

Trumplovers are avoiding this thread like the plague lol

Can one of Trump’s translators come and tell us if we should take this seriously or literally?