Trump: Kim Jong Un "loves his people"

Getting a one on one summit with the dictator of North Korea is not a win. It’s a concession.

How do you guys not get this?

Not only that, but a few short years ago the thought of a one-on-one with Kim was considered bowing to a dictator by the same people who are adoring Trump for the same thing. The blatant hypocrisy and partisanship here is obvious and breathtaking. Sadly these people are just not self-aware enough to see it.

Yeah you do. You just pulled that right outta your ass.

There is no big picture in der trumpengroper’s world

Was Cuba threatening us in any way?

Obama was making steps towards normalizing relations between the US and Cuba. Did you disagree and why?

i definitely would and be impressed they are jeopardizing their precious ratings to accomplish something

but they both had a chance to do so but didnt

i did not criticize but failed to see the point. so did not support

cuba as far as i know wasnt threatening to nuke anyone

Uh huh. Accomplish something. Like being hopeful that sometime before January 2021 North Korea begins to finally take steps to work towards the possibility of eventually denuclearizing.

Look, I’m all for words instead of wars. But the reality is that there is a LOT to criticize over how Trump and Company has handled this whole affair. And very little to praise. About the best praise that can be given is that he did not do or say something that caused Kim to launch an attack on SK as a result of the summit. So, good job on not screwing it up that bad.

how do you not get that it is the first necessary step in potential progress for denuking and westernization of noko?

the left is so hard core anti dictator lately. amazing

what would you do to accomplish noko denuking and opening up some to west world?

It wasn’t necessary and it wasn’t the first step.

You keep acting like it was an accomplishment when the North Koreans have been asking for it for decades. We’ve held out allowing it because we were using it as incentive to get concessions. Important concessions, not pauses on missile launches and nuclear tests.

Now, I don’t know if that was the right thing to do or not. It may not have been. But any president before Trump could have gotten what he got this weekend.

I am worried about being on level footing with North Korea. I am worried about how this allows China to gain more power in the region.

For good reason.

1 Like

Diplomacy. With the SecState as the lead. And only after the finite specific details are ironed out, in writing, agreed to by both parties, and with verifiable preconditions being met that show substantial good faith on the part of NK, then and only then, have a one-on-one meeting between the two heads of state.

My opposition is not to negotiating with them or trying to get them to denuclearize. My opposition is to throwing away one of the largest leverage points we have in these negotiations, with nothing concrete to show in return.

…and if Trump was deriding Kim or insulting him during these negotiations, people would be critical of that too.

There’s a lot of space between insults and fawning.

No matter what Trump does or says, the same haters will continue to hate on him.

And no matter what you Trumplovers will still clap like seals for anything he does.

Did you see how Trump got his little hand crushed by a Frenchie no less? Embarrassing.

1 Like

Had Obama said he trusted Kim and thought was a good guy who loved his people you would have been fine with that?

um no unlike lemming democrats who thought ovama was better than God, trump supporters can still be critical of him

hes prob trying to build a little good will