Trump is taking almost $1 billion from Navy shipbuilding projects to build the border wall

Meh, opinions will vary. :man_shrugging:

Soooo, are you saying you donā€™t agree with what Trump is doing?

Sorry Saf. I think you are one of our best posters here and appreciate the information you share.

Ending butter up phaseā€¦

I agree completely and wholeheartedly with the wallā€¦fenceā€¦whatever you want to call itā€¦improvements.

This investment has the potential to spare many lives and would prevent an exodus from south of the border running unchecked into our country.

I can see the potential for an event that would cause such suffering that we would see 10 or 100ā€™s of thousands overwhelming the border.

This is in addition to the benefit of stalling and thwarting mass human and illicit cargo.

This issue is worth giving no quarter.

:no_entry:

3 Likes

If heā€™s making libs angry then I agree with it.

I believe I have my answer now. Props for your honesty.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the kind of compartmentalized ā€œidentity politicsā€ thinking that has created the Frankensteinian policy mix that characterises blue controlled areas of the US.

1 Like

You are projecting.

A billion out of a 700 billion military budget (or a 200 billion Navy budget) is noise.

I wouldnā€™t even argue with 70 billion getting cut, especially if it were a part of an overall cut in federal spending across the board.

The hand-wringing over 5 billion for the wall is more about politics (and especially about opposing Trump) than the actual money in question.

1 Like

Maybe he could be impeached for this?

1 Like

Nor did a majority vote against it.

Shrug.

There is a difference between being OK with it and understanding that the president has the power to do stuff like that.

Too bad Congress is so dysfunctional that it takes presidential power to make things happen.

2 Likes

Bit of a tangent, but Iā€™m dismayed by the number of Democratic candidates (hell no, Iā€™m not going to be voting for Trump), by the number of Democrats who have announced, as part of their campaign advertising, that they will be declaring an emergency and issuing executive orders to deal with climate change and/or healthcare.

The executive order continues to grow in popularity on both sides of the aisle. Both parties are not looking for a president, they are looking for a wise king.

[/tangent]

1 Like

Horse ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Who has a problem with legal immigration? That was over the top.

2 Likes

Self-inflicted wounds. A wall wonā€™t be running into another wall.

Well, since agents canā€™t instantaneously teleport to where they are needed, we may need something that slows them down until they can physically arrive to apprehend them. Something like I donā€™t know, a wall. My doors and windows donā€™t keep burglars and home invaders either, what they do is alert me to that attempted entry and hopefully buy me enough time to defend myself and my family.

Ahh democrats, trillion dollar health plan or student loan forgiveness, no problemo, five billion for national defense, no way.

2 Likes

You just described the Democratic Party for funding Obamaā€™s spygate and pushing Russian collusion lies.

Examples of ā€œFrankensteinian policy mix that characterize blue controlled aeas of the USā€ (and not red) ?

Thanks in advance.

So if bernie gets elected and calls student loans a national crisis he can take military funds to pay towards them? Perfectly legal right

By what metrics.
Show your math.

Itā€™s impossible to believe that peopleā€™s problem with immigration in this country is that ā€œillegal immigrantsā€ just didnā€™t follow the rules. Am I to believe you all are just a bunch of teacher pets that are mad some folks didnā€™t follow the rules? Thatā€™s it?