Trump is taking almost $1 billion from Navy shipbuilding projects to build the border wall

He’s the President. He campaigned on the wall. If he wants to build it and fulfill his promise he should. It’s good political marketing for election season.

That’s all this is. Marketing.

I do understand that.

This is a direct appeal to the nativist crowd.

Too bad he gave the United States Navy (which is already hurting) a big giant finger in performing this fund transfer to appease the nativists.

If it’s legal he has every right to do it.

He ran on it, was elected on it and is keeping his word. I have no problem whatsoever with it.

No he didn’t keep his word. Mexico isn’t paying for it.

3 Likes

It is only “legal” in his tortured definition of what constitutes and emergency. Congress said NO. Obviously Congress does not consider it an emergency… He abused provision relating to TRUE emergencies to do this.

And in doing so, he took a giant **** on the United States Navy and a giant **** on every Sailor in the Navy.

He claims to support a 355 ship Navy, then steals money from the shipbuilding fund on a fake “emergency” claim.

So he clearly does NOT support a 355 ship Navy or he would not have done so.

He can’t have it both ways. Either he supports his announced ship goals and leaves the money where it was supposed to go or he refutes those goals and takes the money.

Since he has taken the money, he has explicitly refuted his shipbuilding goals.

I should probably take a moment to point out that I do NOT support any of the sacks of **** that the Democrats are running for President.

That does NOT means that I support Trump when he acts like a sack of ****.

If he had campaigned on the wall, then went to Congress, lost in Congress and said to his supporters, well I tried, that would have been fine and I would have had no problem.

I am NOT fine with him taking money duly appropriated by Congress for a different purpose by declaring a sham emergency.

I would really hope that nobody would be fine with EITHER a Democrat or Republican President doing any such thing.

If Congress says no, that should end the discussion, period.

5 Likes

Not jutst the Navy , and not just ships
https://apnews.com/eebff5c39b2e211592ed39da77d39d43

The money saved by spending this billion on a wall, will earn that many times over for the navy in the future.

1 Like

No it won’t. You think the Navy will ever see recouped money from the wall? Nope.

Then how did he make the decision? :thinking:

How is using defence budget to build a defensive wall in any way “taking money from defence”? That’s like complaining about someone taking money from the food budget to buy potatoes.

1 Like

Well…tecnically… the wall falls under the dept of homeland security. The military the dept of defense.

The Coast Guard falls under the Department of Homeland Security, but most people still claim they’re technically part of the Military.

Folks also need to be reminded that a majority of American voters did NOT actually vote for this whole wall thing.

Right after we remind them that we don’t live in a Democracy where the mob decides everything. :wink:

2 Likes

Whelp, if anybody who agrees with this says “If president Sanders, Warren, Biden, Bloomberg, Etc does the same thing to fund a project I don’t agree with, then I’ll be completely okay with it” then I’ll believe that they believe this is all okay.

That’s why Democrats must never be allowed political power ever again. Most of them cannot be trusted. We have to do everything possible to ensure they never win another election. Bill Barr has a lot of work to do.

2 Likes

At least this part wasn’t a total falsehoood. :man_shrugging: :wink:

1 Like

If the first part is true, the second half is also true. I’m not afraid of Democrats regaining power in America, but I know exactly what will happen if they do, and it’s not something I want America to have to suffer.

The Democrats have never renounced the calls of " No borders, no walls no USA at all". By their own false protestations regarding Trump not renouncing white supremacists proving him to be a white supremacist, they show themselves to be anti USA. you are right. they are anti-America and don’t want to strengthen her borders.

The argument that prioritising 1 billion towards a border wall today over the same being expended on ships implies that the Navy can do fine with 1 billion less on perpetuity… Well, that just makes no sense at all

1 Like