Trump is taking almost $1 billion from Navy shipbuilding projects to build the border wall

He pretty much just grabbed it by the…
When you are POTUS, you can do that.
AmiRite?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him do that.

Which is reason #4902 not to let him get elected.

And I’d bet money that if he did that, conservatives would be up in arms, and you libs would defend it to the max.

Shrug.

2 Likes

Sure we do.
We democratically elect every office in the country…except the POTUS.

That needs to change.

Without laws and rules…what are we?

:oncoming_police_car:

2 Likes

Some folks didn’t fill out the right paperwork so I’m building a wall. I’m a normal person I swear.

1 Like

Exactly, when you obsess about laws and rules you are, basically, a cop.

Civil society depends on laws that are not only codified. The law also must make sense.

Unfettered immigration makes us less civilized.

:oncoming_police_car:

Who is for Unfettered immigration?

We cannot keep drugs out of a secure prison.
Yet, you think we can keep people from sneaking into a nearly 2000 mile border with a wall?
Seriously?

1 Like

This is just a bunch of snitching to the teacher apologia.

SCOTUS says different.

Defense is defense, whether building a ship or a barrier.

If he gets elected on that policy, he can do his best to keep that promise any way the House, Senate and judiciary citizenry and military allow him to get away with. The checks and balances will play out, as they have in this term. Citizens will decide in November whether they think Trump should have been cut more slack or less. And whether the Dems have acted in the citizens interests or their own. The balance of powers will be adjusted accordingly.

US agency corruption is another aspect that needs to be dealt with as well, obviously. That’s how drugs get into prisons and high level inmates get murdered without video cameras working.

What happened with only Congress having the power of the purse???

Indeed. Especially at the top.

The SCOTUS has ruled that the President isn’t authorized to use the power of the purse from Clinton vs. New York City back in 1998.
This current situation is mainly the fault of the 5th Circuit Court of appeals.

If congress would help instead of obstructing border security, he would not have to do this. Build the wall. That is our most pressing current concern.

2 Likes

Which is why everyone should have stood up to trump doing whatever he pleases and breaking every norm and daring everybody to do something about it. Cons have no high ground anymore. Same way the tax law will get repealed with a simple majority vote and that money will get shifted to democratic causes . He set alot of bad precedents.

Delegation

Accepting unlawful entry is the problem. Of course nothing will be 100 percent. The barrier will help immensely with other enforcement protocols.

It is why people yearn to be here.

We owe everyone a duty to support the law.