Trump is responsible if Iran builds a nuke

Ok we are done. I don’t know whether to take you serious or not, so its best I simply move on.

Not even remotely the same.

It was a serious question.

Why do we have a right to nuclear weapons?

Israel has nukes and wouldn’t be afraid to use them to ensure their survival.

I don’t see a significant distinction. Self-defense of an individual versus self-defense of a group of people.

The solution is to do what we have been doing…which was working.

A mixture of negotiated and tactical measures designed to make it as difficult as possible for Iran to develop one.

You are asking a rhetorical question. The reality is that we do have them. We are in a position to prevent rogue states from obtaining them. As the world’s only super power, we can do that because it is in our own self interest to do so.

Those are the facts and that is today’s reality.

I’d like an answer to this as well.

As Spock once said … Sauce for the goose.

Kicking the can down the road, simply ensures Iran will get a nuclear weapon. They are a rogue state that can never be allowed to have one.

What we do or don’t do in that regard is immaterial as Israel will take whatever action it deems necessary; with our without our assistance.

Yes the reality is we do have them.

But it is far more than a mere “rhetorical question” to ask if we should have them or if we have the right to have them.

It’s not kicking the can down the road.

Why? It is a meaningless conversation. I have no desire to debate rhetoric. If you would like to discuss next steps, then I’m game. If you would instead prefer to continue to discuss a rhetorical question about whether or not we have a right to nuclear weapons, you will have to find another participant.

That’s exactly what it is.

Next steps can’t be discussed unless this question is answered.

That’s the problem.

Reagan actually understood that…or rather, he came to understand it.

The question needs to be explored again because we now have a generation of leaders who aren’t as terrified of nuclear weapons as they ought to be and are pursuing courses of action that are likely to increase the odds of a civilization-threatening nuclear war over the coming years.

I’m done discussing rhetorical hypotheticals. If you want to discuss today’s reality then we can proceed. Otherwise you are on your own.

So we can’t proceed unless we answer the question regarding America’s right to have nuclear weapons? That’s crap.

If that is your position, then I guess we are done.

Any nation’s right…not just America’s.

We are done. When you are ready to come back to the real world let me know.

Today’s reality is exactly what I’m discussing. You seem to believe that an individual has a right to self-defense, but not a group of people. If I’m wrong, and you believe groups of people have the same right to self-defense as individuals, why doesn’t that apply to Iran?

It’s okay. Iran will come into nuclear weapons in nearly the same way NK did. Trumps threats dont seem to phase them.

Same reason why Trump didnt lift a finger when they shot down our 100m drone, and dared us to do something about it. I suppose you could say he lifted his twitter finger for all that’s worth.