Trump is hijacking 4th of July- changing it from a national celebration to a campaign event

Not at all - With Trumps track record people had good reason to be concerned that he would turn it into a political rally. I saw lots of reporting but no hysteria.

How did they report it before the event? Impartially?

Rumor has it that England was not able to land a single plane after the Continental army seized the airports.

He didn’t take phraseology in school.

They reported it and reported concerns of many people that Trump would turn it into a political rally.

I was watching CNN a few days back and they had someone on that voiced the concern he would and then someone else who said they were confident he would not but acknowledge Trump is a wild card. What is wrong or hysterical about that?

How is that hysterical reporting?

The crowd seemed to love it actually. What patriotic American wouldn’t love what went on?

It was all about country not about Trump.

Impossible to do impartially.

So the Washington Post told the libs he was going to do something he didn’t do and now you (collective) are having crow for breakfast.

The hysteria was evident here. Constant comparisons to North Korea and Russia, libs triggered by tanks, “He’s making our holiday a campaign event! Aaaaagghh!!! SNAP!”

Even your post, “with his track record people had good reason” to be wrong.

The King of Trolls wins again. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

To be fair, now would be a good day for Donald Trump’s parents to be the administrators of this board due to the ribbing he’s about to take. They could bail him out. Sticks and stones?

https://twitter.com/linoblockartist/status/1147124811786870784?s=19

1 Like

And they reported criticism that it was political. As they should. Conservatives love feel-good news and think all news should be that way. That’s not how news works. It’s the job of the free press to say both sides, not just the side you want to hear. In criticizing the liberal media over the years, conservatives want the news balance shifted to the more friendly tone that’s become the Fox News formula. That’s why Fox is a joke as a news organization.

Although I didn’t listen to his speech I understand it was good and he kept it nonpartisan.

Good for him for that.

2 Likes

The crowd looked bored and disengaged. Trump looked bored as well.

“All so President Donald Trump can be the centerpiece…” Look at the image captions. “Parade or Politics?”

It’s biased reporting that created lib hysteria. Baa baa.

They didn’t report, they predicted. And you (not collective) were unable to wait and see. Oh how you (not collective) carried on.

Try ketchup on that crow.

I’m glad that Donald Trump stayed entirely on script thanks to his use of teleprompters. Nobody thought Donald Trump could use teleprompters this effectively. When Obama used teleprompters everyone thought it was the worst thing because of the way Obama knows nothing. He sounded like a dummy anytime he opened his mouth. Donald Trump was amazing. Whoever wrote his speech is a genius. This is how Donald Trump is going to get elected. Stay behind a teleprompter and you win!

1 Like

Examples?

I’ll offer an example of what I consider to be “CEC hysteria” by comparison so we can make sure we’re comparing like terms.

There was “CEC hysteria” leading up to Obama’s back to school speech in 2010(?). Obama was going to tell kids to work hard in school and many in the “CEC” lost their minds. Said it would be a political indoctrination speech. They went bananas. Then Obama told kids to work hard in school.

I have no doubt some idiots suspected Trump might campaign yesterday. Would it really have surprised anyone if he did? He officially filed to run in 2020 a month after being sworn in and has more or less been campaigning ever since.

July 4th is sacrosanct in the US, and while I believe Trump is basically a walking ego, he’s not so stupid as to violate America’s most sacred day with his typical braggadocio.

1 Like

I applaud you for a fair and nonpartisan post.:+1:

We get that so little in here anymore.

1 Like

This thread. The title alone. And then we have the posts in it.

Oh and WHATABOUTISM!!!

Now back to the topic. #factsmatter