Trump is hijacking 4th of July- changing it from a national celebration to a campaign event

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-takes-over-fourth-of-july-celebration-changing-its-location-and-inserting-himself-into-the-program/2019/05/10/40f428c0-733d-11e9-9eb4-0828f5389013_story.html?utm_term=.ac120742f011

He’s moving the location and planning to make a (campaign) speech. “The president has received regular briefings on the effort in the Oval Office and has gotten involved in the minutiae of the planning”.

So, IOW, The July 4th celebration is now an official Trump Campaign Rally. No U.S. taxpayer dollars be used to fund the event. Send the bill to the Trump Reelection Committee.

Oh come on. Is there anything more American than Trump?

1 Like

He says there will be top notch entertainment, too. Kid Rock?, nugent?

Another page added to the “What if Obama did this” file.

8 Likes

What’s surprising is that he didn’t think of this two years ago.

1 Like

I am so glad he is spending his time in office efficiently as compared to prior executive.
Between his executive time, watching Fox and friends and Infowars, planning his party ( not Americas of course).

It’s not like there are more pressing issues he promised to tackle like healthcare cause he already has a big beauty plan he created, narcotic addiction, Hillary in jail

1 Like

Democracy Dies in The Darkness…unless you pay less than $1 dollars a week!

They should put gold “Trump” signs all over and charge people to come.

I wonder how many people will show up to boo him? That would be cool. Lot’s of anti-Trump signs.

You think Obama’s cool? There’s no way he’s IPhone case trump riding an eagle cool.

Credit independent artists at redbubble.

The only thing he’s stolen are red, white and blue blooded Americans’ hearts.

5 Likes

I counted 65 re-tweets from him this morning.
Priorities.

2 Likes

That is actually pretty funny.

One bite at a time.

1 Like

[quote=“armycowboy, post:11, topic:183934, full:true”]
What’s surprising is that he didn’t think of this two years ago.
[/quote] From the article:
The revised Independence Day celebration is the culmination of two years of attempts by Trump to create a major patriotic event centered on him and his supporters, including failed efforts to mount a military parade modeled on the Bastille Day celebration in France. The new event has become a top priority for new Interior Secretary David Bernhardt, whom Trump tasked with the job three months ago, officials said.

Pathetic. A top priority for the Interior Secretary, who is responsible for the management and conservation of most federal lands and natural resources, and the administration of programs relating to Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, territorial affairs, and insular areas of the United States. About 75% of federal public land is managed by the department, with most of the remainder managed by the United States Department of Agriculture’s United States Forest Service.[3]

Obama couldn’t pull it off. Jelly?

I wonder if it’s SUPPOSED to be funny?

Let them fight

obama%20unicorn

1 Like

Oh damn! It’s on!

2 Likes

I can’t make it out real well, is he riding side-saddle? Because he really should be to complete the subtle humor aspect.

Want to bet that Trump daydreams about how his face will look on Mount Rushmore?

5 Likes