Trump is hijacking 4th of July- changing it from a national celebration to a campaign event

So he didn’t make it a campaign event in his speech. Is this really how low the bar has been set for this idiot?

6 Likes

Don’t know about 1776 but they had planes in 1812. I remember the bombardment of Ft. McHenry by advanced fighter jets. I never understood why Francis Scott Key didn’t write about them.

1 Like

It will be when he starts using clips from it in his future campaign commercials.

1 Like

They were librul planes.

1 Like

Absolutely, my Dad suffered from dementia but was otherwise very healthy right up to within a couple of weeks of his passing.

Fully ambulatory and didn’t take any meds. And despite his dementia he never walked off because he was happy sitting in the kitchen or watching CNN.

He lived with my family for his last 15 years.

2 Likes

I wish we had more pics of the soldiers so we could see what the Revolution was really like…

1 Like

Well, that picture is clearly not an accurate depiction.

That helicopter needs more armament.

1 Like

What about the new Sherman tanks?

1 Like

And everybody thought it was the French government that saved our Revolution…

1 Like

That’s not just moving the goalposts. That’s moving them to the next city.

Sometimes Twitter is the best…

https://twitter.com/hpochocolate1/status/1146973324850925569?s=19

3 Likes

While the dementia part is never easy, being able to spend those years with him is something few people get to enjoy.

It was a fabulous tribute to the military and the country.

Hard to believe anyone would not enjoy that.

Was it a campaign rally or not?

The bar is so low they buried it underground a few weeks into his administration. I think it may be approaching the other side of the planet at this point.

1 Like

It was not - and I gave Trump credit for that in an earlier post I made. He surprised everyone by keeping it on point, so kudos to Trump.

But I am still interested to know which airports we had back at the birth of America :grinning:

The crowd sure didnt seem to. They seemed to get bored rather quickly.

Not at all. Guaranteed his lawyers have already studied the legality of it. The public paid for the whole thing. Would it be illegal for him to use it like that? Cuz it definitely would have been illegal if he went into a political rant DURING the event.

So all this LEC-induced hysteria was for nothing?

Not sure what happened to my response in this thread, but I’ll say it again. CNN did what they’re supposed to do and usually do and reported the events of the day impartially. That’s what a real news organization does. You seem a bit disappointed that they didn’t. I’m currently listening to Jim Acosta’s “Enemy of the People” book on audio. It’s a good first-person insight into how a reporter thinks and works.

2 Likes