Trump is hijacking 4th of July- changing it from a national celebration to a campaign event

But then again I’m Canadian and military “celebration” are very dark and serious affairs not something to brag, boast about.

Yabbut, what has Frederick Douglass done recently?

Really? I have participated in some of your military airshows. They were far from serious and dark, definitely something to brag about.

Airshow are fun agreed I was speaking more about Remembrance day the only military holiday in Canada.

Airshow, etc are fun event for the public to meet and get to know the armed forces.

Thread fail. Turning into a campaign thing obviously wrong. He talked about tons of others and what they did, not about himself. All the ones here thinking it was just going to be used for his self congratulation look kind of pathetic. Kamala Harris saying ‘This is the United States of America’s day, not Donald Trump’s Day’ and all those like her look kind of petty now. Go after him tomorrow, he’ll be back to his self promotion stuff and lobbing grenades back at them shortly.

Post fail. It was all about Trump. Wrapping himself around military might. Psychology fail.

2 Likes

We have a great history and we get to celebrate a lot of that history today and him bringing up great historical figures that have done great things over the past 240 years, don’t worry, in a few minutes I’m looking forward to seeing when the Ojays will sing ‘Love Train’, though I don’t like so much Carole King’s singing.

We have Memorial Day for that.

Which history is that? The one where we decimated the native population with disease? Manifest destiny? The great Westward takeover?

I appreciate this country and all the figures, and that this country did, you can dwell in your comparison of the United States to Nazi Germany and be happy with that.

I am one of those guys that allows the feeling of American Exceptionalism on July 4th.

One day out of the year to highlight what this country has done right amid all of the wrong is good in my book.

The President surprised me… and probably his staffers … he stuck to the script at an event that was about stroking his ego.

Would I love the 4th of July to not be about showing off the military might of the US? Sure… but this was about as good as it gets with this President.

2 Likes

Yeah they should have run off to Martha’s Vineyard lol

He didn’t say we had perfect history. But if you think we don’t have any great history then you are a serious TDS suffer and need to seek help.

History from who’s perspective?

You hate this country I get it. 240 years ago, what was the better country. What country for you was ideal 240 years ago that had no blemish. Would you be happier if Texas was in Mexico’s hands? You think Texas and California, and New Mexico and Arizona would be more prosperous if it was in Mexico’s hands? My grandparents came from Mexico and didn’t think so.

So tell me from who’s perspective do we not any great history?

I am sure there are some native Americans who would take issues with certain parts of our history.

I don’t much like countries in general.

Hey I appreciate this, every other day is a fight, let this one day unite.

3 Likes

Would they say there is no great history?