Trump insults Meghan and John McCain

The GOP has many, many better choices than Trump.

I’ve already been down those roads for decades and I’ve not seen it. Politicians simply tell you what you want to hear and then do as they choose to do that makes them the most money. Trump said he’d move the embassy to Jerusalem. How many others said the same but lied? How many said they fix our southern border but in actuality, exacerbated the problem? Naaaahhh…I’ll stick with Trump for now.

1 Like

Why would I care if he is petty or not … so long as I support the policies his administration pushed forward?

I have my role models. I don’t look to the damn government for them.

1 Like

In my opinion that’s a mistake for the country and the GOP. The way things are going, Trump is the only GOP candidate who would lose in 2024.

In just about every thread on this board that complains about Biden, we find a “… but Trump …” reply. That’s what I was referring to. (Just as the same in reverse is found in any thread complaining about Trump.) I’m not sure why you seem stumped by that.

1 Like

It appears that the GOP needs to be revamped and more closely align with the common man. Some thought another party was in order but it appears that cleaning out the GOP will work better. Say bye Cheney. Say bye Kinsinger. Say bye Collins. Say bye Murkowski and hopefully, good riddens to so many more establishment politicians.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree with this, and I would support you 100% if you added Trump to the list.

1 Like

That’s where i was as regards McCain. Respect for him militarily and didn’t care for him as a politician.

3 Likes

He initiated this and is currently leading the charge. He’s in his mid-seventies and doesn’t have much time left so…keep cleaning as fast as he can and while he can. His time is running out.

1 Like

I’m not sure anyone else would have prevailed under the withering media and political and legal attacks unleashed on Trump. That’s not to say that he didn’t give his opponents ample rope to tie all those nooses. But we already see the media generating attacks on DeSantis, the more he looks like the next strong GOP presidential candidate. I can see DeSantis championing a lot of the same initiatives Trump did – many that I was glad to see. Perhaps more of deSantis’ GOP colleagues would stand up for him. Trump alienated many on his team.

But far too many GOPs would be milquetoast leaders of actual conservative initiatives. They might make better peacemakers, and therefore some people would call them good leaders. Leading us down a bipartisan road to Perdition isn’t a better choice.

3 Likes

I think Trump or DeSantis are the only GOP candidates who could win.

The fake media and the libs will try to destroy whoever the nominee is and those two are the only ones with enough gumption to fight back and fight back hard. Both are quick on their feet while being attacked as well.

The dems usually advise us to nominate some weak rino/globalist/establishment type because they are easier to beat.

2 Likes

I understand the sentiment, but I don’t understand the strategy.

Trump won because he added populists to the party. Eradicating the establishment will ultimately subtract their voters. And don’t be fooled into thinking they don’t have voters.

So cleaning out the establishment means you now need to create more populists. It is not a guarantee that this can be done, or done without catering to a constituency as dislikable to populists as the establishment.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Neither of the majorities suit my interests so I am a fan of the dissolution.

Presidential candidates (and presidents) are going to be attacked by the media, that’s just the way it works. I think DeSantis would be a strong candidate and wouldn’t be cowed by media attacks. We’ve already seen him take on these types of attacks and come out stronger.

I understand what you’re saying, but that doesn’t change my opinion of Trump. I liked a lot of his policies, but his actions since the election disqualify him from ever holding public office again. Let a Republican who loves democracy and our country more than himself to take up Trump’s policy mantle and move it forward.

1 Like

That has been my mindset for decades and Trump was my personal suppository to shove up the anus of the United States known as Washington DC in 2016. He surprised me in that he actually attempted to keep his promises to his voters, in spite of all the cazillions of forces working against him both internally and externally.

3 Likes

The GOP has a deeper stable than that, in my opinion, and the way things are going with Biden, I think the American people will be more than ready to vote for the Republican candidate in 2024. That said, I still think Trump would lose. He has too much baggage and people hate him too much.

I would vote for DeSantis in a heartbeat, but I won’t vote for Trump, and I think many people feel that way. DeSantis would be a stronger candidate and more likely to win, I think.

His policies are what i like. Sometimes i cringe at something he says but the policies are my big concern.

I have to say that the lefty leaders don’t take a back seat to anyone when it comes to nasty. There is no moral high ground for them there.

4 Likes

My opinion of a lot of Trump’s actions likely match yours. And you’ll probably agree with me that he has actually gotten worse since losing the election.

Let’s not pretend there aren’t different standards applied to right vs left candidates and politicians.

It remains to be seen how DeSantis will react to a media onslaught that matches what Trump endured.

4 Likes

Don’t complain about trump losing to senile old man then.

I’m absolutely not pretending that. These days the right has a large media presence that will attack the Democratic candidate, but it’s nothing compared to what Republican candidates face. As for DeSantis, I think he’d be fine, but you’re right that he hasn’t really been tested yet.

1 Like

Why did the Dems nominate a “senile old man”? Was he really the best choice?

1 Like