Trump: "I know a lot about wind" (3-28-2019)

Why imply it…it’s reality.

Bullied?

Its why they laugh at him making fun of disabled people.

Allan

From lots and lots of people who are NOT in denial.

The Title…in other words, donnie’s own words. Pretty much a dead giveaway there.

More bullying, it would appear. How can we possibly live with ourselves???

It’s certainly time for people to go to his rallies and either not respond to him at all or else laugh.

Research the reasons for the Syrian Civil War…drought pushing farmers into the cities as unemployed, breeding discontent…and so on and so forth.

So … What’s your framework for Trump’s comments here?

It’s crazy, it’s almost like very few people want to defend the idiotic ■■■■ Trump says these days…

Wait never mind, it’s just some big conspiracy! Victims! Bullies!

Today’s lesson is it’s OK to use outright falsehoods if you’re “framing” a discussion about the unreliability of wind power vis a vis fossil fuels.

Because of course having a real conversation about the benefits and risks of different energy sources is boring.

I’m waiting with baited breath how claiming the noise of windmills causes cancer was simply Trump “framing the issue”…

Who said anything about Trump framing the issue??? Last I checked Trump isn’t active in this forum. Just you and me. :wink:

Who has asserted that it can be done overnight?

Nobody, but they never give up trying to win the argument.

The Forbes analysis does not factor in the cost, both in dollars and time, of converting from inefficient coal to effient gas. It merely says that it costs more to operate coal than gas … which everybody already knew.

Regardless, firm power either from fossil fuel or hydro or nuclear is still required to be able to effectively use renewable wind and solar power sources. At some point, adding more wind/solar generation to the grid does not help.

Yes, renewables started from nothing and are slowly increasing their share of generation which in turn is decreasing the share produced by fossil fuels. But that does not change the fact that they are only effective because the fossil fuel plants cover for them both the adjust for their highly variable output and for when they produce nothing.

I am an engineer. I am well aware of the problems and the struggle to find viable, cost effective solutions.

Laughs in Dilbert.

AOC, for one.

Pretty sure that was a high level agenda, and centered on the argument that it NEEDS to be done, not so much that it can…