Trump halts immigration! Good idea?

I have already said that stopping immigration during a pandemic makes sense but then so does stopping all non essential travel and movement. What does not make sense is issuing an executive order for something that is already happening.

Not sure how someone could be for stopping immigration but allowing Americans to continue to travel and go to work as normal. That stance makes no sense.

No. And it’s not “cheating”. Don’t want me to hire them? Keep 'em out.

1 Like

You ever see anybody dragging gas cans into their burning house?

Because we have a huge unemployment issue. We don’t have jobs for 1 million new people this year. Does that make sense?

Does it make sense to issue an executive order for something that is already happening ?

Yes. If you want it to keep happening while you adjust other variables.

Why can’t they be tested?

Actually we probably do. Jobs for people that Americans don’t want or aren’t qualified for.

Example? Maybe washing dishes in a closed restaurant?

Trump supporters approve Of Trump taking action to stop something that is not actually happening right now.

Seriously?

They can. It’s up to them. It’s not our job to test foreign nationals.

So, buying illegal drugs here is OK, since they got in?

Sure.

When allowing people to immigrate here, we need to be sure they were tested, regardless of who’s responsibility it is. Seems to me that a solid testing regimen makes closing down immigration unnecessary.

1 Like

Research and teaching assignments at a university.

Maybe after every American is tested we can move to foreign nationals?

1 Like

A university that is closed right now? One of those?

1 Like

Interesting. So you support someone doing an illegal activity, as long as you benefit from it? And the next customer of your illegal source of drugs, could be a kid that Overdoses?

Again, interesting.

Weed shouldn’t be illegal at all.

But desirable.