Trump halts immigration! Good idea?

Really? Ever been to Salinas California? Nothing but farm workers as far as the eye can see. Probably not a green card in the whole county.

Pushing to open up the US while closing off its borders. Doesn’t seem to consistent.

Also, if all immigrants were mandated to be tested and quarantined until a negative result comes back, or turned away if a positive test comes back, would there be a problem with continuing immigration?

We don’t need doctors. What “other essential personnel”?

No, No and No. You’re 0 for 3. Try again.

Besides maybe illegal immigrants who is willingly immigrating here at this juncture? If I was living in Jamaica right now, the United States would be the last place I want to come to at this time. I have a cousin who was planning to move to the states (she was going to stay with my family for a couple of weeks before moving to NYC with her auntie), once this hit she made the decision to wait until the end of the year.
What about those medical personnel or folks in technology who can contribute…like right now?

It is completely consistent.

Yes. Importing carriers.

In your opinion. I am not playing this game anymore.

No, it’s a fact. Hospitals are laying off.

They can contribute on line.

Cool story though.

Dont get hung up on just one aspect of immigration. I stand by that any ban on immigration needs to allow the government to allow in any person they deem essential. That is not my call so I cannot help further onthat. My position on this is clear.

But there is not a lot of immigration going on right now so this is just a PR stunt for the faithful.

O.K. I believe you. Then why the hell are their so many illegals doing farm work? Millions of them. And why do farms hire them if they have access to legal labor?

I think Trump is getting a little desperate.

This sounds a whole lot like his supposed “executive order” banning birthright citizenship - meaningless red meat to throw to the base.

Is it a good idea or a bad idea?

Is it a good idea or a bad idea?

I thought you weren’t playing this game anymore?

What’s going to happen next in this context? What is the government getting ready to do?

It’s neither.

It’s theater.

It’s not an easy process. They aren’t all Mexicans either.

To you maybe. I love the idea. More public assistance is the last thing we need.

It’s a great idea.

So we agree that the vast majority of farm workers are illegals and the farms are cheating by hiring them? When they have access to legal labor?

cool rocks you can kick too.