Trump Grounds Boeing 737 MAX 8 and 9 Jets After Two Crashes

I like flying booth

You don’t need to be an expert to have basic knowledge of any subject.

You do however need a basic working knowledge of the subject to have anything resembling an intelligent discussion.

I’m a control freak, I wouldn’t want to bet my own life on any plane that cannot be flown safely by a pilot without CAFC’s.

I have basic knowledge. So do you. Which I think is why you’re making general statements that are probably only half true and not relevant.

1 Like

Obviously you do not.

There are reports of pilots reading the aircraft documentation in the limo on the way to the airport to fly the aircraft for the first time. Because Boeing pitched this craft as practically the same as the NG.

There are reports it’s all a big conspiracy too.

If neither pilot was properly trained in this aircraft the problem is that of the airline, not Boeing and they should have refused to fly it.

1 Like

Kindly sit out of the convo if you don’t know what the ■■■■ you’re talking about.

The pilots, in the simulations, followed such procedures to successfully shut off the system and land safely. But they did so with a far better understanding of how it worked and prior knowledge that it would be triggered — benefits that the pilots of the fatal 737 Max crashes did not have.

1 Like

Between the two of us, I seem to be the one unwilling to make it up as we go along.

1 Like

“may have”, assumptions, not facts.

If you can show where I’m making anything up go right ahead.

There’s not a pilot in the US anywhere that would be allowed to jump in and fly one of these with no prior simulator time or a senior pilot instructor in the cockpit.

The word filter is being ridiculous here. Compound word half of which is pit.

All modern jet liners from all manufacturers have safety related upgrades that are optional. Airbus, for example, had options that would have prevented several fatal accidents related to pitot tube icing had the airlines elected to purchase them. Yet, none of the Airbus planes were grounded because of it.

They don’t need the sensors to be aware of the problem. As soon as the plane goes through the first cycle of the MCAS pushing the nose down while they are ascending, they should be on alert. If it occurs a second time, they should know immediately that they may have a problem and switch off the device. It is that simple. What the pilots who were flying the doomed aircraft lacked was awareness and training.

It’s just easier to blame the “big corporation” than it is to put the blame where it actually belongs.

Boeing has no control over training foreign pilots nor can the prevent improperly trained pilots from getting into the aircraft and flying it off. That is the responsibility of the airlines and pilots themselves.

“simple flip of the switch” that there is a can of worm. if the switch is the autopilot all that would control do is make sure the pilot can control all of the primary flight controls(very important distinction) without interaction of any kind of automation. that is of course assuming its a non Fly-by-wire aircraft and understanding that the flight director, the throttles, and engine will still react as it was program was designed. the max is still mostly not fly by wire when not counting FADEC(engine controls) and spoiler system which is used both in flight and on touchdown. the Trim system would be one of those secondary flight control system which would again, not be directly affected by just a simple auto pilot disconnect. they would still act according to the programmed priority system so if he pilot were to hand fly, it would still continue to go about its business for better or for worse.

then of course you get into other “buttons” like aforementioned trim, hydraulics overrides etc which would have a giant list of secondary reaction that are specific to the air frame so i cant really say 100% what they would be. suffice to say system knowledge is key when going through any jet training.

But wait oh look…guess what they did

The pilots of a doomed Ethiopian Airlines jet followed all of Boeing’s recommended procedures when the plane started to nose dive but still couldn’t save it, according to findings from a preliminary report released Thursday by the Ethiopian government. The plane crashed just six minutes after taking off from Addis Ababa, killing all 157 people on board.
Faulty sensor led to Boeing 737 Max crash, Ethiopian report says

1 Like

Malicious code or corporate greed…I know the one my money’s on. Glad we all hate overbearing regulations …

1 Like

Utter ■■■■■■■■■ Smaller countries take huge pride in their aviation programs and safety. a single loss of platform is devastating. the last time Ethiopian airline had death was 9 years ago. and before that was 2002 and that was due to a freaking hijacking. so that would make 2 instances in 17 years. considering they have a current fleet of over 100 aircraft with the vast majority being a variation of 737…they know what they are doing

1 Like

Nope. It’s not the first time plane have crash because of design issue or been grounded because of said issue. 787, dc10, 737-300 rudder. list goes on

1 Like

That is all sorts of wrong on so many levels, par for course.

1 Like