Trump Grounds Boeing 737 MAX 8 and 9 Jets After Two Crashes

If the airlines requested it, yes. If they didn’t, it’s up to the airlines to train their flight crews how to recognize and deal with it. As I said earlier, the day after the Indonesia crash, there was a video featuring a senior airline captain showing how easy it is to recognize that a problem exists and how easy it is to resolve it. He knew about it, so the question you should be asking is why didn’t (apparently) all other 737 Max 8 pilots not know? I’m reasonably sure that most of them did not learn the cockpit on the way to the airport.

Yep. As I said before, the first item on the to-do list in an emergency is “fly the airplane.” Far too many fatal crashes have resulted from pilots violating that rule.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fox35News/status/1110635135970541568

Another 737 max malfunction. Happened while it was on its way to a storage site for grounding.

From the update link:

“The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said the plane experienced an engine problem.”

Two US pilots recreated the same incident and were able to recover the plane in under 40 seconds.

Probably 38 seconds to identify the problem and 2 seconds to turn off the MCAS and pull up the nose.

Yep. Should be doable.

But also maybe the plane shouldn’t try to kill you if one sensor goes bad. Dunno. Could be just my opinion.

Silly filters. Guess we have to call them pilot pits.

But I don’t want to go off half-engaged.

I wonder if we can still say Dick Cheney. :wink:

1 Like

It’s the nature of modern aircraft many of which cannot be flown at all without the computer assisted flight controls.

That’s cool. Maybe those computer assisted controls shouldn’t try to kill them when one sensor goes bad.

A 40 second window for pilots who were aware of the problem and had the indicators that showed when the problem occurred.

We aren’t sure if the pilots of the two crashed flights were aware of the issue at all and we know they didn’t have the indicator that showed when the problem was occurring. Boeing ■■■■■■ up by making it optional and not sufficiently telling customers the extent of the changes with the new MCAS system.

If you flew a given model aircraft would you keep yourself up on the latest updates and warnings?

You don’t know what training the pilots in this test had or if they had any training on the problem. All are assumptions absent facts.

Parroting the same talking points does not make for an an intelligent argument.

When the computer assisted controls go down many modern aircraft cannot be flown period. In some cases to keep them airborne thousands of adjustments per second are required.

I’ll keep repeating it until you address it. If it now you’re just bringing up irrelevant half true errata.

Of course you will because you have no knowledge of the subject and nothing of substance to offer on it.

I agree, but safety shouldn’t be an upgrade. All planes Boeing sells should all be the same.

Today I’m feeling inspired to not act like I know everything rather than pretend to be an expert after watching 20 minute You tube video.

Perhaps you should join me.

2 Likes

I said that all along…this doesn’t happen in the US.