Trump donates other people's money

It was the perfect policy response.

You can type it…It won’t hurt.

:thermometer:

Good point on the tax!!

Double dip donation.

:statue_of_liberty:

Yes, he legally has to include the 400k presidential salary on his income taxes.

Where he donates it back to government agencies, he doesn’t get a write off like he would if he donated to charity.

1 Like

Trump donates his salary, which he earns, to charities. I hate him.

About it?

1 Like

Trump isn’t advocating higher taxes.

The donation in question is being given to the government.

Oh. That’s cool then. I had thought he had made it to charity. Either way, I’m totally fine with it.

Honestly, I’m not gonna believe Trump is donating any of his salary until I see some proof.

Who’s unhappy, I’m just pointing out that he is taking it when he said he wouldn’t.

Once again you are wrong. All Trump did was remove himself from the decision making. He never divested himself from his companies

3 Likes

Be ready for…

“But that money is not going directly into Trump’s pocket. It goes into the corporation.”

That is incorrect. Donations to government entities (federal, state, or local) are tax deductible as a charitable donation as long as they are given for public purposes and not an attempt to bribe someone.
.WW, PHS

Really? :roll_eyes: Get a grip, take a pill or something!

1 Like

Oh cool. didn’t know that.

No problem.

Found it out a few years ago when we made some donations to our kids school. They were actually tax deductible.
.WW, PHS

Wait…you’re serious aren’t you?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Pretty much.

Who ends up looking small in that line of complaint?

Not the guy who is donating his salary.

1 Like

Based on what? Since Trump did not divest himself from his businesses he is able to take income from them. And since he does not release his taxes or company financial data there is no way to know if he has been taking money from his companies or not.

Really lame job of moving the bar to play “gotcha”.

Each of those entities has actual operating costs and Trump draws the same salary no matter what.

None of those outings has put a dime in his personal pockets.

He could never make another dime from anything and spend a million a month for the rest of his life and still die one of the richest people in the country.

Well perhaps some day we will really know how much he is worth.