Trump discusses firing Fed chairman after latest rate increase

And of course none of them know anyone who makes yachts. Hell most people dont even know or see millionaires

1 Like

I mean-before the tax cuts, corporations were continuing to rake in record profits year after year.

The problem is that corporations aren’t using that money to take better care of their workers-it’s staying at the top.

1 Like

Then please clarify.

What is driving the markets down?

And that’s why we have recessions. They stock up all the profits, sit on it, suck it out of the working class…get fat bonuses, then when markets crash they buy it all back up. Rich get richer. Poor get poorer

2 Likes

They’d been kept artificially low, near zero, for a long time.

Yep. They have just started to unwind QE in earnest also… and doing that will take years.

and demand the working class make concessions with wage cuts or freezes and benefit cuts…

4 Likes

Just quit buying ur fancy smart phones and big screen tvs you scum!

The thing is that with a sinking market and trade wars with no end in sight, even people not invested in the market will start getting jittery and so they stop spending - especially on big ticket items. And when consumers stop spending it’s a death kneel for the economy.

You are conflating two things. You addressed my post in the context of the economy. I didn’t say that.

Now you’re asking about the market.

You’re making this discussion difficult by changing topics.

Got you. So the market isn’t a measure of the economy.

Am I getting that right?

No libs don’t want to blame Trump for a falling market. I like many of my cohorts are simply noting the amazing double standard.

The President was cool as the Trump rally continues now not so much. Of course you participated in the Trump rally threads during which you astutely questioned @Cratic3947 and his arguments that Trunp is driving the rally forward. Am i right?

1 Like

When the economy is doing well, Trump should get all the credit.

When the economy is doing poorly, it’s going to be Obama’s fault.

Ya that’s the new talking point

Think about what a Season 3 opener would be like when Donald cans Powell (or demotes him) and markets around the world - including here crash in a matter of hours.

Set your DVRs!

I didn’t say that either.

Hint: I didn’t correlate the market and the economy at all. I didn’t suggest that the economy is improving or declining. I didn’t correlate changes in the FED interest rate with impacts on the economy. All those things were what you tried to apply to what I posted.

Okay then please. Lay it out. Other than saying that rising interest rates come before market drops, what the heck is your actual argument?

1 Like

Why do you preface that with “Other than…” ??

See, that’s an example of you adding something that never was there (except in your own interpretation.)

Why dont you tell us what your point is then

You already addressed that earlier.

If you can’t comprehend the simple words I actually wrote, I can’t help you further.