Trump Directly Accuses NYT of being “The Enemy of the People”

I very much agree with this. And so should everyone, no matter which side of the fence you’re on.

The press in this country (Fox news not withstanding) is doing an incredible job of keeping us up to date on the myriad criminal activity of Trump’s administration, which is the reason Trump hates the press so much.

Blows my mind that his supporters have absolutely no idea why he actually gets as much negative press as he does. When you’re a flaming, incompetent moron who offends people every day of the week, you’re not going to get much praise heaped upon you.

2 Likes

I said nothing about it needing to be flattering to the preseident to be true news.

“Fake news” is news that is most often provably wrong, yet when the truth comes out it is rarely corrected, and when it is, it is corrected on page 30 when it was incorrect on page 1, and often not corrected at all - just ignored, as if it never happened.

We all have seen this, time and time again. It DOES NOT well serve the American people, who rely on the news for correct information. Promulgators of fake news are the enemy of the people and the press is in general well deserving of the very LOW esteem they are held in by Americans.

M

Scary would be if Obama manipulated public opinion using his Administrations relation ship to the Mainstream Media.

Errr, you cofuse criticism with condemnation. Trump has never called for ending a free press and Jefferson was a frequent critic of the press.

If we are to have a press that serves us at all it needs constant and vigorous examination and criticism - but especially when it is wrong with regularity and advocating when it should be reporting.

M

No.

He called for their unfair practices to be looked into - as in the network should look into their continuous bias on the show.

An investigation would be conducted by government and/or law enforcement and he never made such a call for.

Don’t be silly and buy into the screaming headlines all the time.

M

That’s like black belt level Trump inspired.

I’m guessing when you say “news” it’s a much narrower definition than all the places I can get ‘news’. I’m hoping anyway. Otherwise, see my first sentence.

He wondered why they face no retribution. Implicit call to action.

I have no idea where you get your news and why you believe it is or isn’t credible.

I’m simply telling you there is nothing at all wrong for the President to criticize much of the mainstream news, labelling them "fake news’.

I’m also telling you that the news today is the worst I’ve ever seen in my considerably long life. There is more fake news than ever before and the standards of journalism have never been lower. That goes for both print and electronic mediums.

M

1 Like

Yes, a call to action, but NOT by the government. Rather, by the employers of SNL. He has never called for the government to investigate the press or SNL.

You confuse Trump with Obama, who called on the DOJ to investigate Fox news reporter James Rosen.

M

1 Like

Wrong. He didn’t name an actor. Retribution by anyone. Could be retribution by one of his supporters.

Thanks for explaining the words that weren’t there, though. He seems to require a lot of that sort of assistance.

I wish I could agree. And I will as far as he can rebut with facts, real facts, not his made up on the run but if you go look it up you’ll find out I was wrong but too late now facts.

But he throws out “fake news” as a tactic, as a diversion.

Great example: Claiming reports about intel chiefs televised testimony was fake news. He even tried to put the “fake news” accusation on the intel chiefs. That’s the real fake news. And easy for everyone to see.

He’s not the guy to believe when it comes to fake news. But the more people that do, the more dangerous it gets.

1 Like

Didn’t he just tweet that some retribution was due SNL?

Personally, I’d rather be investigated.

Exactly. Who knows what direction that retribution will be coming from.

He and his supporters will claim ignorance when it happens, though.

I’ve said it before. I want to vote for the guy (or gal) that writes his speeches. That’s the closest to presidential Trump gets.

Great!

Then you should be able to show me where the press queried him on his call for a federal investigation into SNL. That would be so outrageous that SURELY they would have done that, right?

M

You make the mistake of thinking that all he has to do is cry “Fake News” and no one else backs him up.

He gets a lot of back-up in the press for his charges. In fact, most of the time he is reiterating stories that he has seen elsewhere when he decries “fake news”.

I can see a lot of fake news exposed long before he tweets.

M

1 Like

I don’t think trump wants harm to come to journalists, but it plays too well to stop and if someone does get hurt Trump can denounce violence and go back to screaming about the vicious, vile, evil, enemies of the American people. Look at them back there! Horrible people, but not all, just most.

I don’t know if it’s a mistake but I believe about 35% of the population automatically backs him. Then they wait and see if the facts bear them out. By then there’s a new fake news story to back. You may not be one of the 35%.

Where did you get that stat?

From a purveyor of fake news?

The President has so often been proven to be right about fake news that it is perfectly reasonable for anyone to allow that he knows what he’s talking about. It’s ridiculous to say he is automatically wrong, as he has so often been right.

M

1 Like