Trump Directly Accuses NYT of being “The Enemy of the People”

Laugh this off but Obama wasn’t going to hold elections was credible.

Trump destroying the press credibility with his own lies is dangerous.

The argument our liars are better liars. They lie less is beyond fascinating.

Do you believe that anyone who has ever lied is just as bad as anyone else who has ever lied?

Obviously not.

Who the heck ever said that it was credible that Obama wasn’t going to hold elections? Other than some people on the internet who had no basis.

Here’s an article in a real news source that gives context as to why Trump would react as he did.

Real news source?

Is Andrew McCarthy supposed to be some kind of journalist now?

More deflections. And your assumption that Obama or Hillary are people I’ve ever supported is laughable at best. I’m one of the few remaining conservatives left on this forum.

I cant wait till a dem does this sort of thing…then i can watch the right do their typical victim outrage and i get to tell them to shut the ■■■■ up. This is were we are now with things. Trump supporters have become such a parody of themselves that there is no need to ever take them seriously again.

Vote them out and put them in the corner where they belong.

2 Likes

Absolutely need to vote them out.

But we need to take them seriously, for sure.

The essence of Trumpism is to always dial it up a notch. Cross the next uncrossed barrier in comportment or tradition.

Many Trumpists are now excusing directly calling the NYT of being the “Enemy of the People.”

It is no stretch to assume they will excuse the next escalation. And the one after that. They have shown zero willingness to check the basest of the their or the President’s impulses.

Real Americans need to be prepared for the damage many Trumpists are willing to wreak in defense of their tinpot agitator.

I disagree…you vote them out and then shun them to kiddy table where they belong…they are a disease and infecting america with their brand of stupid, their constant hypocrisy and terrible policies.

Kind of like us, eh? I was just projecting the vibe around here at the time I guess.

That was one or two posters. Not “the vibe”

Yeah. Okay.

The President is right. Promulgators of fake news on a scale that the NYT has done makes them the enemy of the people in a nation that relies on a free press to responsibly tell them the truth and keep them informed of the whole picture.

Fake news destroys American’s faith in government and institutions and each other. A free people NEED a vigorous but accurate free press that gets it right or tries to make corrections when they get it wrong or they are simply getting propaganda, and we all know where that goes.

You may try to argue that the NYT is NOT fake news, either part of the time or any time, (yeah, right) but the President disagrees with that assessment, and if he believes in his own assessment then he is RIGHT to warn that fake news is the enemy of the people in a nation that relies on the truth from their sources of information.

And calling them out is then the correct thing to do. Perhaps he can save others from being lied to.

M

How long until Trump makes it illegal to criticize him in the press?

Errr, like never.

When has he called for ANY member of the press or any press outlet to be arrested?

You confuse a willingness to criticize the press - which they SURELY and frequently deserve - to wanting to silence them.

Yet Trump is one of the most accessible presidents we have ever had, talking to the press on an almost daily basis - sometimes formally and most often informally, but FREQUENTLY.

That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t hold them to account for their fake news, when they perpetrate it. He knows better than anyone when they get it wrong about him.

M

He’s demanded investigations, demanded licenses revoked, and sued many of them.

He’s labeled them the enemy of the people. Is he not sworn to defend the country from its enemies?

What member of the press has the President called to be investigated? What member of the press has he called to have their license revoked - as if he had that power? What member of the press has the President sued???

They ARE the enemy of the people when they lie to the people - either outright or by omission - or fail to correct their previous mistakes. The people in a free society need and rely on a truthful press to get the facts.

He is defending the country by properly calling out fake news.

M

Didn’t Trump just call for an investigation to SNL because they keep being mean to him?

Most of the information you get (accurate and innaccrurate) comes from fake news sources. Whether or not it’s flattering to the president is a poor metric for credibility.

“Fake News” meme is dangerous. More dangerous than any fake news the NYTs reports. Their stories eventually see the light of day. Not so with those who get their news from Trump. Those guys still believe Mueller is a witch hunter because he hasn’t caught Trump. He needs you to ignore the witches Mueller has caught to keep repeating that meme.

That’s the fake news I fear. Not a story that turns out to be wrong.