Trump Directly Accuses NYT of being “The Enemy of the People”

The factual thing is…Former President Obama never would and never DID call FOX News “The Enemy of the People.” He’s more intelligent and less paranoid than tiny donnie.

2 Likes

I think i know why.

How soon before Fox News viewers call him a RINO or call for him to be fired?

The media doesn’t exist to make happy news. They report facts. Don’t shoot the messenger (even though Trump says they’re the enemy).

are Al Qaeda not an enemy of the American people?

Trump isn’t just some random person on Twitter, he is the President.

Someone sounds skeeeeeered…

1 Like

Sometimes they manufacture their own facts for their agenda. CNN was caught red handed staging a fake Muslim "protest".

That’s what many have been saying about our President for two years now.

They should be exposed as such so people could be wary of what they say?

Here is Obama’s full quote on his comment about Fox. It came from the link below from factcheck.org. I think he was right on the money.

Rolling Stone: What do you think of Fox News? Do you think it’s a good institution for America and for democracy?

Obama: [Laughs] Look, as president, I swore to uphold the Constitution, and part of that Constitution is a free press. We’ve got a tradition in this country of a press that oftentimes is opinionated. The golden age of an objective press was a pretty narrow span of time in our history. Before that, you had folks like Hearst who used their newspapers very intentionally to promote their viewpoints. I think Fox is part of that tradition — it is part of the tradition that has a very clear, undeniable point of view. It’s a point of view that I disagree with. It’s a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world. But as an economic enterprise, it’s been wildly successful. And I suspect that if you ask Mr. Murdoch what his number-one concern is, it’s that Fox is very successful.

Did you approve of Obama’s surveillance of the press?

There’s a reason they’ve been considered The Paper of Record for over a century. Complaints from conservative media won’t change that.

Forget the dumb Stanilinesque posturing. Let Trump waaaaaah like a tinpot dictator baby.

If journalists have uncovered evidence of obstruction, it means that Mueller is aware of it along with many other instances. Thats the the true story.

2 Likes

Was Fox the source of that “news”? And do you want me to list all of Fox’s fake stories? Does that make them still a real news source?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/11/06/blame-fox-not-facebook-for-fake-news/?utm_term=.6f05855342b7

What do you think about Obama’s surveillance of the press? He never verbally used the words enemy of the people, but behind the scenes he must have believed it. If it’s a sneaky hidden belief that the press is the enemy, then it’s acceptable.

“Obama’s Justice Department accessed the personal email of a Fox News reporter and surveilled the reporter’s parents and colleagues. They seized the home, work and mobile phone records of journalists at the Associated Press.”

https://variety.com/2018/politics/news/trump-press-war-obama-administration-reporters-1202782264/

If you’re talking specifically about the James Rosen incident, I don’t. (The New York Times didn’t either, according to factcheck.org.)

And…let’s not stop there…

"Obama routinely banned news photographers from official events. He went months between press conferences and used social media to circumvent reporters.

First lady Michelle Obama took policy trips overseas with no press on her airplane. The White House scrubbed public visitor logs of names it didn’t want in the news.

The Obama administration posted the worst record in history for fulfilling requests for public records under the Freedom of Information Act.

In a bleak episode of unintended irony, an open-government group gave Obama an award for transparency in an Oval Office ceremony closed to the press

“Trump has proved more accessible than Obama and has not moved on threats against the industry. He has yet to discover the many uses of the Espionage Act, but he still needs to make time for a news conference.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2018/politics/news/trump-press-war-obama-administration-reporters-1202782264/amp/

LoL at the chronic liar accusing another of lying. Can’t stop laughing at the people who keep falling for his horse ■■■■■

For those of us who know how to read his tweets, he’s telling us the NYT is absolutely correct. He is a garbage human, as Unamerican as anyone can possibly get.

2 Likes

This is completely false.

Actual video of the staging shows CNN asking the group that was already there to pose for a picture - which is not by any definition “staging the protest.”. And IiRC, you know who else was there? Fox flipping News doing the same thing.

Get better sources.

2 Likes