Trump Directly Accuses NYT of being “The Enemy of the People”

Are you glad that the president calls media he disagrees with the enemy of the people? Do you agree with him about the NYT?

So you agree that the “Media” is the same as Al Qaeda?

I bet if Obama had said this, these same people would react differently.

This place is often confusing. I’ve read we are not to talk about Obama, he is no longer President (when it is convenient). Then a thread will include the hypothetical “what if Obama???” I responded to a thread with the Obama what if question and was told I was deflecting to Obama!
Anyway, Obama was not so innocent regarding the press.

"The Democratic president did more than complain. His administration at times took action against the cable network. The Obama Justice Department surveilled one of Fox News’ reporters, and a White House spokesman acknowledged excluding Fox News from interviews.

“And while he may never have called Fox News “enemies of the people” Obama did say that its “point of view” was “ultimately destructive” to the U.S.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/09/obama-fox-news-and-the-free-press/

Thank you for telling us Obama had never called Fox News the ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE.

1 Like

Can you imagine being the spouse of a reporter these days? You’re probably constantly looking over your shoulder.
[/quote]

During the Obama years reporters and spouses did not need to worry about the view from over their shoulders, Obama and company used high tech surveillance methods on the press.

lol, he just provided friendly surveillance something you do for those you consider your friend not enemy.

Please quote where he compared American journalists to Al Quaeda.

You might say that young man could have a winning smile. Looks like a few more people could have to learn to code soon

Boy, would they. They would see absolutely nothing wrong with his being outraged if Fox news had misrepresented something about him.

So you agree that the moon is purple and made of moss?

Do you agree with the president of the United States that the New York Times is the enemy of the people?

I think they are terribly biased. I suspect they see themselves as the savior of the American people. I don’t know enough about their motives or effect to say more than that they are terribly biased.
Trump is entitled to state his own opinion. They are not shy of giving their opinion of him.

Historically, folks who use the phrase “enemy of the people” tend to be dictators (or wanna be’s).

Can you think of anyone or any group that’s used that phrase (other than quoting others) who wasn’t engaged in getting or using dictatorial powers?

It wasn’t a hard question. Do you agree with Trump that the NYT is the enemy of the people or not?

Who is they? Is Fox New included? Briebart?

Also prove that the media, writ large, is bias

So you think it’s possible that the NYT is the enemy of the people but just don’t have enough information? Seriously?

1 Like

This is all true, and it is also true of Fox News. But Trump only calls out the biased reporting that he disagrees with, and that’s where he loses me.

Covering for our President’s unamerican words is getting tougher.

But I understand why Donald Trump is saying what he’s saying. The press is researching him and reporting on him and he has a million skeletons in his closet. The dude is going down. I’d be shocked if more mistresses and multiple abortions aren’t found. Along with money laundering and crooked deals with foreign entities of course.

I’m not sure we could have picked a worse president. Every single candidate on both sides is more honest than this guy.

What should happen to groups that are indentified as the Enemy of the People?