Trump Declares He Will End Birthright Citizenship

The US and Canada are the only developed nations that grant this. Other countries have repealed this as well.

Oh man, I havenā€™t smacked anyone down on this subject in a while. Time to dust off the senate debate transcripts. Trump is an idiot.

5 Likes

I have a feeling that we may hear the argument for this around 12:15 today.

He just cant stop lying

ā€œI do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.ā€

and the 14th amendment.

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside

LOL. New Trump Oath.

ā€œI do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.ā€ (except for the parts that I donā€™t like)

Allan

1 Like

Poor Bobby Jindal

And? Still a lie as noted.

Okay then have the President float an amendment to the constitution repealing part one of the 14th Amendment.

LOL.

Thats how it is done @Eagle-Keeper.

will never happen in a million years.

Allan

just bust out some wong kim arcane senate debates!

Nah man, Iā€™m OG. CRA of 1866 Senate debates and 14th amendment senate debates.

That article specifies tourist and illegal immigrants. Other countries offer birthright for other reason I guess.

The pendulum will swing. Trump is setting a terrible precedent for the next president. Just pray (Iā€™m looking at you, Trumpā€™s faithful) itā€™s someone whoā€™s more measured and balanced than he is.

They could all use that reminder. Once a day.

1 Like

I cant wait to see all the so called conservatives on this forum who worship at the altar of Trump be critical of this move which clearly contradicts the constituion.

Oh thats right they wont be, they will either a) ignore this issue b) say its not an issue that concerns them !!! Or C) pivot and explain why Trump can do this and how the constituion actually supoorts this executive order.

It might be this afternoon before we hear anything as they need to get their talking points from Hannity, Limbaugh etc first.

Ted Cruz

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter whether Donaldā€™s words are just clownish or genuinely disturbing - he is a stain on our national history that wonā€™t come clean for a long time after heā€™s gone.

1 Like

Iā€™m your huckleberry. Thatā€™s just my game.

Wait, Cruz would be effected?

Iā€™m ok with this now.

I wonder if Bobby Jindal is nervous right now?

he shouldnā€™t stop lying. itā€™s made him a billionaire and president of the united states.

only votes can silence him and heā€™s REALLY good at playing people. i think he makes it 8 years simply because the rubes are gullible.

1 Like