Trump Declares He Will End Birthright Citizenship

He is sitting in a room with conservative women and the Log Cabin Republicans engaging in self flagellation.

1 Like

Sadly, I think you’re right.

I have no idea what your babbling on about but i stand by what i said.

14th doesn’t apply to Cruz, he was born in Canada. He’s naturalized via statute (INA).

Has POTUS hurt your fefes (feelings) again?

Is pretty sad when liberal posters on this board know more about the Constitution than our president. Of course our president says this stuff to get votes and to get people emotionally involved on issues so that he can profit or gain from it.

So he really doesn’t need to know the Constitution.

This is just testing the waters for bigger things.

I absolutely LOVE the fact that Donald Trump has silenced the Tea Partiers and the strict constitutionalists. Well done Mr. President.

Wait, are they at Trump rallies now?

Are you being funny or do you mean it. Maybe meaning it is just as funny and being funny. Where did thise brown stains on the backside of diapers come from, Bro?

Curses! Outrage shall thus resume.

Hey, he did not silence you, Bro.

wat

10chuckles

The left needs to put a real-deal liberal “Trump” in office next. I’m talking someone equally as unqualified, equally as stupid and equally as irresponsible and crass.

That President’s first order of business could be to sign an executive order rescinding the 2nd amendment.

You really wanna play this game? Karma baby, Karma!

Did you say somethng?

True. I’m pretty good at picking out a con man.

You concern regarding the constitution does seem to vary wildly depending on the amendment in question.

2 Likes

A rube is a rube.

Ain’t that the truth, Bro.

Build that wall!
Lock her up!
MAGA :us:

Hey guys, I have some thoughts on the 2nd ame*RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign::stop_sign:

2 Likes

You apparently do not know what our Constitution commands. If Trump, by Executive Order, started to enforce the privilege of citizenship as the text of the 14th Amendment commands, and was intended by those who framed and ratified the amendment, a child born to a foreign national while on American soil would not be considered a citizen of the United States.

The myth of birthright citizenship

We are led to believe that if a foreigner enters our country illegally and gives birth to a child, that child, because of the 14th Amendment, becomes a citizen of the United States upon birth. As we shall see, that is one of the biggest myths perpetrated concerning the text and legislative intent of the 14th Amendment. Let us look at some documented facts.

In IN RE SLAUGHTER-HOUSE CASES, 83 U.S. 36 (1872) the Court states the following regarding the 14th Amendment:

“That its main purpose was to establish the citizenship of the negro can admit of no doubt. The phrase, subject to its jurisdiction’ was intended to exclude from its operation children of ministers, consuls, and citizens or subjects of foreign States born within the United States“ .

And why would the Court indicate the wording in the 14th Amendment which declares “and subject to its jurisdiction” was intended to exclude from citizenship “children of ministers, consuls, and citizens or subjects of foreign States born within the United States“ ?

The answer is to be found in the Congressional Globe, 39th Congress, which framed and debated the 14th Amendment. For example, in discussing the proposed 14th Amendment, Senator Howard explains the clear intentions of the 14th Amendment as follows:

The first amendment is to section one, declaring that all "persons born in the United States and Subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the States wherein they reside. I do not propose to say anything on that subject except that the question of citizenship has been fully discussed in this body as not to need any further elucidation, in my opinion. This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country.(my emphasis) see : Congressional Globe, 39th Congress (1866) pg. 2890

Later, and after the question was repeatedly asked as to who is and who is not a citizen of the United States, Mr. TRUMBULL responds as follows SEE: page 2893, Congressional Globe, 39th Congress (1866)
1st column halfway down

“The provision is, that “all persons born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens.” That means “subject to the complete jurisdiction thereof.” . . . “What do we mean by “subject to the jurisdiction of the United States?” Not owing allegiance to anybody else. That is what it means.”

Mr. Trumbull later emphasizes in crystal clear language that: “It cannot be said of any Indian who owes allegiance, partial allegiance if you please, to some other Government that he is “subject to the jurisdiction of the United States”

Mr. JOHNSON then rises to say: “…there is no definition in the Constitution as it now stands as to citizenship. Who is a citizen of the United States is an open question….there is no definition as to how citizenship can exist in the United States except through the medium of a citizenship in a State.

“Now, all that this amendment provides is, that all persons born in the United States and not subject to some foreign Power–for that, no doubt, is the meaning of the committee who have brought the matter before us–shall be considered as citizens of the United States.” …he then continues “…the amendment says that citizenship may depend upon birth, and I know of no better way to give rise to citizenship than the fact of birth within the territory of the United States, born of parents who at the time were subject to the authority of the United States.”

And then there is John A. Bingham, chief architect of the 14th Amendments first section who considered the proposed national law on citizenship as “simply declaratory of what is written in the Constitution, that every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen…” Cong. Globe, page 1291(March 9, 1866) middle column half way down.

And so, a baby born to a foreign national mother while on American soil is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment, nor becomes a citizen of the United States upon birth.

JWK

"The Constitution is the act of the people, speaking in their original character, and defining the permanent conditions of the social alliance; and there can be no doubt on the point with us, that every act of the legislative power contrary to the true intent and meaning of the Constitution, is absolutely null and void. ___ Chancellor James Kent, in his Commentaries on American Law (1858)