Trump comes out against the Equality Act

Next time some Christian is fired from their job for praying during lunch, I expect those who are in line with Trump in opposing this bill will also support the business owner.

1 Like

I appreciate the humor here.

1 Like

I am sorry, but this is bad logic my friend.

You’re only looking it from one angle. I perfectly agree you have the right to own property and sell property. But freedom is not a one-way street. People also have the liberty to purchase items and obtain services. Denying somebody items based on their religion or innate qualities is wrong, period. Your logic is that business owners have special rights and can control what everybody else does. I argue that both customers AND business owners have rights.

So the LBGT community has it’s own religion? Who knew!

You underlined the wrong part.

We are discussing discrimination or in your example…animals. If the discrimination law applies to monkeys, why would it not apply to elephants? That’s intentional discrimination…period.

True. Point stands.

What a stupid, stupid post. Property ownership is not exclusive to Christians.

Why not? Why do you get a say?

Fundamental.

Wrong question.

A whole bunch of Americans would overturn the Civil Rights Act of the 60s. They want 1959 America back.

You know why, right?

1 Like

Nonsensical gibberish. Read the underlined. Hence the reason I underlined it.

The human capacity for rationalization never ceases to amaze me.

What does your morality have to do with my business? Who owns the business?

I’m your huckleberry.

Logic?

And there go the goalposts. “Liberty” to… it’s not a “right” any more? Who gave you this liberty to…?

Explain how your liberty to… trumps my right to ownership.

The Equality Act, which is supported by most Americans, applies to all genders and all sexual orientations. Notice how I framed the OP. That could mean you cannot fire an employee for being asexual or bisexual. That could mean a gay business owner cannot fire a worker because he’s not gay, nor deny somebody employment because he’s straight. I 100% agree nobody gets “special rights”, but we know through science, that sexual orientation and gender (brain structure) is innate.

Why do you get a say in “right or wrong” on my property?

No Bob, I didn’t.