Trump comes out against the Equality Act

You opened up a business for the public. Anybody can come into said property. You’re basically saying why is a business open to the public, open to the public.

homosexuality was a crime in 13 states till the year 2003.

The public doesn’t own it. I open it to whom I decide. I own it. I reserve the right, the right, to refuse goods and services to anyone. I own it. They are mine. Exclusively. I decide the disposition of the fruits of my labor.

Sneaky, did you miss the part that comes just before what you underlined?

Pick and choose what you think supports your argument and ignore the rest.

What difference does that make?

so should be allowed to fire someone for being Christian?

Because most American don’t want to return to the good old days 15 years ago when homosexuality was a crime.

No, I didn’t miss it Bob. I underlined the part you missed. Just like “and bear…” in the 2nd. Are you claiming the government has to violate property rights to keep from establishing a religion? I hope not.

Love the irony though.

More nonsensical gibberish.

Absolutely.

in 2002 it was illegal to be homosexual in Texas.

You don’t think that such a freedom would be abused to punish minority religious groups?

No it wasn’t.

If you fire someone for being a Christian your business will fail. Christians and Non-Christians will find out and ruin that type of discriminatory business.

The same is not true in many parts of America concerning homosexuals and especially transexuals.

John Geddes Lawrence Jr a 65 year old gay man was arrested in 1998 for having homosexual sex in Texas.

Punish? No. Exclude? Of course. And majority religious groups. So what?

Probably true and completely irrelevant.

so your okay with discrimination and don’t think its the job of a society to deal with it.

On my property? You betcha. “Society” doesn’t have any job at all on my property.

Why do you think you have a right to deal with anything on my property? Does “society” own my property?

1 Like

public businesses are not private property.

If you want to live in a shack in the wood like the Unibomber be my guest.

1 Like