Trump caves on tariffs on China

No, the Chinese aren’t buying soybeans because they just put a halt to all American agricultural imports due to the threatened further tariffs that Trump just punked out on and delayed six months. The Chinese didn’t change their position though.

You left that part out, unintentionally I’m sure.

2 Likes

TRUMP! is colluding with Chinese pigs to screw soybean farmers!

2019 is THE YEAR OF THE ■■■■■■■ PIG IN CHINA!!! AAAAAGGGGJH!!! SNAP!!!

Ahh the sound of not having an argument

8 Likes

2019 really is the Year of the Pig.

That’s my argument.

Ok but it’s not full context.
African flu is had an outbreak of 140 cases so far. Which is slowing down imports of soybeans. Brazil soybeans prices have also gone up. Yet China still isnt buying from the usa.
It’s gone down by about 7 billion.

Less pork, less soy sauce.

The bolded is not true. They still need soybeans, they’re just getting them elsewhere now which yes is 100% because of Trump

1 Like

Not 100% true. It’s defiantly being spread by transportation.

The virus was also carried by and spread through humans and vehicles. Industry insiders called for a national fund for building standardized disinfection and washing stations, but said their calls were ignored.

The initial spread from Europe to Asia could have occurred during the shift to other protein sources. I understand that the cost increase from abandoning cheap US soybeans for alternative feeds could also contribute as the farmers take shortcuts in an attempt to mitigate those increases.

1 Like

By caving to China Trump also proved that he was lying all along when he said US consumers aren’t paying for the tariffs.

People drive Soybeans? It is 100% true that swine flu is not coming from Brazilian soybeans

Nothing in your article even asserts otherwise

Are there even any negotiations going on anymore? I thought all the negotiators gave up and went home, because it’s pointless when Donnie T disrupts everything via royal tweet.

Art of the deal.

:rofl:

100%

Orange man ruin everything.

:orange_heart:

1 Like

Until December, :rofl: totally funny how you left that out.

People drive vehicles. Depending on what cargo is being hauled, they drive those vehicles different routes. China has a bad to no policy in place on the sanitation of those vehicles. A change in the way their livestock were fed did occur. I’m interested in what, if any, conditions contributed to the epidemic they now have on their hands, and if it was facilitated by the abrupt change in sources of feed. You’re the only person talking about Brazil. Yes, they’ve shifted soybean imports from there, but my post wasn’t in reference to Brazilian exports. I specifically mentioned Europe for a reason.

I drive a convertible, 4 wheel drive, SUV soybean myself.

Allan

1 Like

Absolutely zero, the epidemic predates the tariffs

1 Like

How does that further discussion about Trump lack of negotiating skills?

The art of the deal remember.

Allan

1 Like

So nothing to do with where the soybeans originated? The same vehicles are used to distribute American cargo through the country that distribute European or Brazilian cargo. Same routes too

The epidemic predates the tariffs

And as a result, China is importing other kinds of meat to replace their pork.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-02/pig-ebola-virus-sends-shock-waves-through-global-food-chain

This is actually pretty scary. Since farmers in Asia - Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. - are not compensated when their hogs are killed, they often don’t report the illness, which means that it will continue to spread.

Liberals :woman_shrugging: always rooting against America. They are actually happy if it were true :open_mouth: but thankfully it’s not.