Trump caves on tariffs on China

“But the delay reveals an unwillingness by Trump to raise the cost of products many Americans find essential, suggesting he’s bluffing about ever imposing such a tariff”

China called trumps bluff and he folded his hand of a pair of dueces.

China knew that he would not put tariffs on elites toys.

What does everybody else think.

Allan

Anyone really shocked he caved?

1 Like

China’s on a holding pattern to see if trump is re-elected. Why negotiate a trade deal with a lame duck. When the next democratic president will be much more accommodating.

Allan

1 Like

Damn I was looking forward to getting a subsidy for a new laptop

He’s about to make a bigly deal with China. He just needs another term to get it done. Believe me.

1 Like

And the US stock market. clearly liked Trump caving!

1 Like

China is hurting big time folks. The tariffs are working. All one has to do is compare the values of both our currencies to understand that but remember…Trump wants to hurt China, not bankrupt them.

1 Like

So are the Iowa soybean farmers.

Why would the president want to hurt them.

Collateral damage for a wrongheaded trade policy.

Allan

1 Like

Soybeans. Interesting product. Wonder what the Chicoms use it for…

2 Likes

The bubble is going to burst.

This has me interested in where the Koreans get all their pork. I hope their BBQ’ing ways aren’t affected too badly. :pig:

2 Likes

Leaner ribs…

Easy answer. Food. Not to be consumed by humans of course. But to be used as pig feed.

Allan

1 Like

China doesn’t even come close to producing enough soy for its needs hence the need to import. Huge market.

Allan

China manipulates its currency. To use it as a benchmark for its economy is just… i don’t know where to start really.

4 Likes

China denies it.

Allan

821 million people still suffer from hunger.

Out of 7.5 billion…that isn’t as bad as the percentage has been historically.

Farmers need to identify new markets. As long as there are hungry people…

Climate change or variability affects agriculture and crop production, which ultimately affects food security. Reports from Senegal, Mali, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Niger, Chad, Ethiopia, and Sudan identify drought and rising temperatures as two driving factors of climate change affecting crop yields [5-12]. Historically, drought causes more than 80 percent of the losses in agriculture, especially for the livestock and crop production subsectors [2]. For low-latitude countries, crop production is predicted to be “consistently and negatively affected by climate change” whereby in northern latitude countries, the impacts of climate change on crop production is unclear [13]. Results from multiple studies show that global crop yields of maize, soybeans, wheat and rice were significantly reduced over time due to drought [4, 14]. However, these results were different based on income and environment. Low and middle-income countries in tropical areas faced more negative impacts from climate change due to reductions in water availability and increased heat spells which reduce crop productivity. For high-income countries in temperate zones, climate change may increase crop production by causing longer growing seasons and increased acreage for crop production [4].

:crystal_ball:

So how is the president hurting Iowa’ns again?

China denies that the sky is blue. Film at 11.

Purchase power. Nice try though.