Trump cancels Eagles visit over Anthem controversy

You’re a talks-least, says-most kind of character. Laconic. Reserved. Like Steve McQueen or Gary Cooper.

2 Likes

Somebody’s gonna hurt someone, before this thread is through.

2 Likes

so Trump canceled a photo op because some players didn’t wanna go :laughing:

Didn’t know about him wanting to buy the Bills. I remember Rush Limbaugh being involved in that, I guess it was with Trump as well.

Anyway, your post makes sense as to why Trump will not let this go. It was really infuriating because as you said the controversy had died down and only a few players were still kneeling until he started going on Twitter rants about it.

"You’d better,

and get your asses to the White House when I tell you to!"

1 Like

Real leaders act like leaders. How sad this is.

Rotflmao!!!

I was thinking of making the same reference. Well played.

Only 9 were going to attend.

None of the Eagles players protested during the playoffs nor the superbowl.

Allan

Well, he is stilling throwing the party so he’s got that going for him…

Capture

What’s in it for the Eagles? Stand there uncomfortably while the President mispronounces their names, doesn’t even mention the Super Bowl and goes off on a Grampy Trump Rant about how the NFL was mean to him because he didn’t have enough money to buy the Bills? That’s a hard pass every time.

The best part though is that Trump supporting owners like Jerry Jones and Bob McNair actually caved to direct pressure from Trump and championed this new anthem policy. So Trump gets his way, and what does he do?

He’s still going to ■■■■ with and attack the NFL and screw with these guys bottom lines. Donald Trump is the thug who gets fire protection money from a business and still burns the business down.

1 Like

Only 9 were coming. Now I would have gone on with the party for the 9 and their families but that’s just me.

Not a biggie either way.

The Eagles won the Superbowl?

Amazing times we live in.

They should show up the President (and the deplorables that voted for him) and protest until their knees are blistered.

None of the Eagles took a knee in protest last season. FYI.

@NebraskaFootball what is your opinion of the “statement” issued by trump regarding this event?

That important bit is always lost on some.

Justifying Trump’s actions gets harder and harder to defend.

2 Likes

Only for those who still have a conscience and a soul. Many Trumpists sold off theirs long ago. Hopefully it was worth it.

1 Like

I agree with this from the article…

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney blasted Trump’s decision, calling the president a “fragile egomaniac.”

“Disinviting them from the White House only proves that our President is not a true patriot, but a fragile egomaniac obsessed with crowd size and afraid of the embarrassment of throwing a party to which no one wants to attend,” Kenney said in a statement.

And as for the statement itself, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a statement put forth by the Executive Branch of our government. Ever. The way he worked in third party references to himself was just, weird.

He is a petulant, narcissistic, juvenile excuse of a human being. And while this single issue is just low-level garbage from Trump (where it would be a horrible stain on any other President) it is just further proof of what a cancer this man is on our nation, and our standards of what is acceptable and normal.

8 Likes

He’s truly petty and vindictive.

1 Like

Why should the president of our country spend do much time fighting the NFL?

1 Like