Trump cancels Eagles visit over Anthem controversy

Wow. What a baby.

Looks like we created the same thread topic at the same time. Mods, can you please merge or delete mine?

Rational people can sit down and have a meaningful conversation about the real reasons some NFL players are protesting during games. Our President isn’t one of those people.

2 Likes

Duh, you excluded him with the very first word (“rational”).

2 Likes

Sensible people should be able to understand that when multiple champion sports teams don’t want to be associated with this President, the issue might actually be with him. Of course, the cro mags will just believe whatever garbage Trump and his minions in conservative media feed them.

He simply won’t let this die. The NFL now requires players to “be respectful” during the anthem or stay in the locker room. Seems like he got his way. Now he says a whole NFL roster aren’t welcome at the white house because of the actions of a few who weren’t attending anyway. He’s added kerosene to the fire when he could have claimed victory and moved on to important issues.

He’s going to beat the drums with this topic until he leaves office.

He’s a man child. This is no surprise, just more petulant behavior from Trump.

I wonder if some of the Eagles had announced they would not attend, and this is the real reason why Trump cancelled it?

Anyway, the Eagles Super Bowl win was very exciting and I wish them luck for the upcoming season.

That’s exactly the reason, and the article quotes Donald saying so. It’s also not the first time he’s done it, the first was when one player from the Golden State Warriors said he might not attend: “Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team,” Trump tweeted. “Stephen Curry is hesitating, therefore invitation is withdrawn!”

OK. I had not read the article, but not surprised to hear that. He’s using the anthem as an excuse, but the reality is he didn’t want the humiliation of more players saying they would not attend.

Pure diversion.
He is creating his own “issues”.
Sort of like the flag burning amendment and the marriage amendments.

5 of them said they were not coming.

That is because Trump is a petulant bitter child who is still angry with the NFL over the USFL imploding (Trump was an owner) and not accepting his USFL team into the NFL. Then more recently he tried to buy the Buffalo Bills and was spurned by the league and other owners. Trump has a massive grudge and chip on his shoulder over this and he knows the anthem controversies are hurting the NFL’s bottom line which is why he won’t let the issue die. It pretty much was a dead issue last season with only about 4-5 players still kneeling and no one paying attention. Then Trump opens his mouth to stir the pot again which leads to many players kneeling the next week in protest of him. And the NFL is plunged into controversy again which is exactly what Trump wanted.

3 Likes

NEWSFLASH: Trump and his supporters are a bunch of crybabies.

He wants everybody to bow down and never disagree with him. Such a wannabe dictator.

1 Like

It’s news he can create/control, and it gets the Trumpists riled.

Of course he won’t drop it.

You wonder? What else could it be?

This is hard for you, isn’t it?

Wooowww. That’s a totally weird statement. Sick, really.

What a petty little man.

The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow," Trump said in a statement. “They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country. The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better.”

Petty?

I guess that’s one way of looking at it.

Seems to me that a number of Eagles canceled the White House trip.