Trump cancels Eagles visit over Anthem controversy

Probably already has the Presidential record for championship teams not going to the White House.

POTUS needs to let this die.

#FlyEaglesFly

His use of the third person is his statements is bizarre. Did any past presidents do this?

What a snowflake. SAD!

The NFL Network is reporting that fewer than 10 of the players on the team planned to attend.

Ouch.

Sorry I started similar thread, didn’t see this one! Trump is dictating to be patriotic…every true conservative and libitarian should be up in arms about any president telling citizens how to act…or else! Sad

That’s the real reason he cancelled the visit.

Sadly, they’re too afraid to go up against Dictator Trump. Reagan is rolling over his grave now.

1 Like

The President insisting that citizens express patriotism according to his wishes? Petty, is a mild term for that sort of thing.

1 Like

Leon can’t do everything.

Not a fan of Trump, but it kind of makes sense. They’re just not the same without Glenn Frey, but to be honest it’s probably worth his time just to see Joe Walsh.

4 Likes

I was thinking about what Torrey Smith said all the way back in February:

“For me, it’s not just about politics. If I told you that I was invited to a party by an individual I believe is sexist or has no respect for women or I told you that this individual has said offensive things towards many minority groups . . . this individual also called my peers and my friends SOB’s, you would understand why I wouldn’t want to go to that party. Why is it any different when the person has title of President of the United States.”

6 Likes

Joe Walsh is great. But this may be Glenn’s most awesome achievement (Standard YouTube warning):

1 Like

No need to visit the White House when there’s plenty of room at the Hotel California.

5 Likes

Stand-up team: No Philadelphia Eagles players knelt for national anthem in 2017

Whoa. Take it easy with the Eagles puns.

3 Likes

Remember when Republicans called Obama divisive? He was an amateur compared to Trump.

2 Likes

As has been proven time and time again, the things Republicans falsely accuse Democrats of being generally come from them looking into the depths of their dark hearts and assuming everyone is as twisted as they are.

Ha! That is vaguely disturbing. Apparently I have repressed most memories of the Miami Vice era.

1 Like

I used to sit in my parents kitchen on an uncomfortable stool to watch that show on a 13" tv, because no one else was interested and wanted to watch it on the big tv in the comfortable room. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me? Eagles puns? No, that’s just your lyin’ eyes. Also, I just discovered I only have like 47 posts. I’ve been here since day one, but I feel like the new kid in town.

4 Likes