Trump Calls Opponents "Human Scum"

I wonder how many Trump supporters are out there eating this up when in the past they have criticized the entertainment industry for their foul language?

Absolutely. You nailed it here as well. These are far and away the most vulnerable pickups for Democrats/losses for Republicans. McConnell should be concerned.

I think that McConnell has always looked upon Trump as a useful idiot.

It’s Donald’s party now, and he’ll

Cry if he wants to.
Lie if he wants to.
Whine if he wants to.

You would cry to if they were unfair to you!

2 Likes

Fat donald pinned the tweet to the top of his Twitter feed.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Holy ■■■■

But McConnell, like most savvy Republicans, is aware that Trump has reshaped the Republican Party to a degree and commands a group of zealots who are emotionally invested in Trump. Cross them and one can end up in a messy primary challenge that drains energy and resources. That’s a factor in Tillis’ North Carolina race right now.

The challenge for McConnell, should he conclude that Trump is an unacceptable liability (making a mockery of foreign policy and undercutting the Republican big money support of free trade) is how to jettison Trump without losing the support of a significant portion of Trump’s base.

The German industrialists who backed Hitler for Chancellor knew he was a useful idiot too but they assumed that if they surrounded him with adults and professionals they could use his vote getting acumen to further their political aims while the adults and pros rained their guy in. It did not work. The Republican leadership made a similar bargain with Trump… but now all the adults have left the Administration and can the people who made that Faustian deal undo it? Not clear.

4 Likes

Well I guess it could be because I have not seen you support one conservative stance.
Any time a conservative stance is discussed we hear nothing but silence from you. The only time you come around is to bash Trump and his supporters.
Gun control silence.
Immigration silence.
Abortion silence.
Foreign aid silence.
Spending bills silence.
The military silence.
The new green deal silence.
Health care silence.

2 Likes

Good post!
I wonder if McConnell has already gotten to the point where he would welcome Trump’s removal from office? With all of this recent evidence it will be interesting to see if it affects the polls in close Senate races. I have wondered what it would take to flip the Senate in the next election. We might be watching the beginning.

We are looking at a political knife edge. How the parties conduct themselves in the process could move public opinion. Right now the Democrats are doing a good job of controlling the narrative… with more damning information coming out every day.

Trump is at his worst here, because he insists on controlling the Republican response rather than building a professional team to handle things. As a consequence we get Trump doing things like the topic of this thread, which gain him nothing and occasional freelancers like the Mulvaney Press Conference which was a disaster.

Trump needs to regain 5-6% of support that he has lost since the 2016 election: much of that suburban well-educated women. Stuff like this tweet or the Republican thugs disrupting today’s hearings may play well with Trump’s base but they are the sort of thing that cost Trump that 5-6% of support. Trump can win re-election at 48% approval; he cannot win it at 42%.

Even if the Senate acquits Trump, the way the narrative is going is greatly hurting his election chances, along with the entire down ballot Republican Party. (See the panic in Texas right now!) Unless Trump can regain control of the story, he will end up out of the White House one way or the other. I’m not saying he cannot do it; but right now he and his supporters are flailing.

McConnell should recognize that if it’s between a D and and R on a ballot, 99% of Trump’s base will vote R every time.

Proud Never Trumper here. To Trump I’d like to say “Go ■■■■ yourself, you sociopathic garbage bag of rancid pig anuses!”

Credit to @margaretms2 for that apt description of the fat moron.

8 Likes

:rofl:

Yep. I’m hardcore Pro 2A. But I don’t debate this anywhere. It is pointless.

Absolutely NOT. I’ve laid out my immigration proposals many times here, and they are far and away more restrictive than most anyone else here proposes. And certainly far and away more restrictive than Trump.

I’m staunchly pro-life. But like guns, this is not an area I will debate. No one is moving and it is pointless.

This must be a joke. I’ve started threads on our fiscal irresponsibility. I lament the deficit and debt growth and reckless spending and say so constantly.

I don’t know what either of these even mean?

I was one of the loudest opponents to the ACA around here. I oppose M4A. Not a lot of discussion around this topic lately though.

So, do I pass your purity test? :rofl:

3 Likes

That is entirely dependent on how often one participates in conservative policy discussions.

Interestingly, none of the liberals on this board are confused about the Trump-averse conservative posters’ policy positions or values.

8 Likes

Well the DC scum swamp creatures are a few compared to Hilly’s “deplorables” who numbered over 30 million so I’d say ole Hilly hag wins this one.

1 Like

Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney yes they are human scum!:rofl: to the core in fact.

Paul Ryan is not a never Trumper. He voted for Trump.

So, he’s still one sick puppy.

It’s not about just voting. It’s about love.

I have a feeling we will be hearing about Never Trumpers for a long time. The same way we still hear about Reagan Democrats.

3 Likes

He’s done defending himself. He’s progressed to intimidation.