Trump believes another dictator

Quit trying to frame things in the dumbest way possible. It’s already been explained how Trump could have answered without calling Kim a liar. Here’s an easy one, Kim is responsible for the treatment of Americans imprisoned in his country and we discussed this. Humiliated? No. Called a liar? No. Accurate? Yes. That doesn’t even take into consideration that his imprisonment was most likely unjust to begin with or how Kim treats his own people.

You’re describing Kim’s concern when he locks up family members.

You can bet he knows if he’s holding an American because it’s a bargaining chip for him.

During negotiations to denuclearize North Korea, you wanted Trump to come up with a nuanced way to insult Kim, concerning something that happened which has nothing to do with the negotiations?

I thought I made it clear that I believed their position is wrong because when you are trying to negotiate the best stance is not to start by knocking over the table and spitting on the person you are trying to negotiate with…even if the person deserves it.
There’s just not much more to say about it.

But Trump previously announced that NK was denuclearized. Did he lie?

Trump could have expressed his frustration over the treatment of people in North Korea and he (Trump) hoped that Kim will rethink his approach.

I’m always expecting the “hatred” whine from Trump fanbois, it’s a much-used go-to, you don’t disappoint.

Now, what you’re getting is actual rational criticism of Trump’s weird slavish, gratuitous praise of murderous dictators. It’s very weird given that Trump ridicules, humiliates, demeans many leaders he’s negotiating with, such as NATO allies like Merkel, Canadian PM Trudeau, and others. He even called Trudeau a liar (“dishonest”):

Nuanced, eh?

I think we should agree with Hannity from 2018… indeed Trumps ALREADY WINNING IN NORTH KOREA. As Sean says, we need to watch Trump to learn how to negotiate.

I said nothing about nuanced insults, Trump can do whatever he wants, including not answering the question. But he decided to call a murderous dictator a man of his word.

So I guess you ARE unable to form a tactful response that neither calls Kim a liar, or a man of his word?

Again, I expect more of a President.

As long as they are kept alive, I don’t think he cares much.

You are assuming Kim cares what people think. This is a guy who was launching nuclear capable missiles to terrorize the region, and you think he was all concerned or worried what the world would think about how well some prisoner was being treated??

We can speculate all we like, about how much Kim bothered to inform himself about prisoner welfare. However, to destroy negotiations by either calling him a liar, or inferring that he might be one, or that he is not to be believed on this issue, is asinine.

Refusing to answer or evading the question, is a nuanced way of saying he thinks Kim’s a liar.

He knew enough about the situation to want to give Warmbier back. Why would he do that if he didn’t care what others thought?

Stop. Kim knew. Trump said he did.

" I really believe something very bad happened to him, and I don’t think that the top leadership knew about it . . . (Kim Jong-Un) felt very badly about it . . . He tells me that he didn’t know about it, and I will take him at his word."

Warmbier’s bogus arrest and brutal murder was an international incident and you can bet your behind that Kim knew about it.

I love the black and white world of righties, this has been a fascinating conversation, thanks.

Richardson’s comments are a little more than speculation since he dealt with North Korea. But, yes, Trump could have taken a more forceful stand. As it was, he didn’t take any kind of stand. He played it like he was Kim’s pet .

Strange comment since their son is dead.

According to Trump (and now the USA), Kim is a great leader and man of his word.

#Winning

Long way from the party of preconditions.

And Trump was supposed to publicly speculate that Kim lied, or might be lying, and this was not going to hinder negotiations on denuclearizing N. Korea?

What are you trying to say here?

Just so everyone knows the complete story of how Warmbier was murdered by Kim.