Trump believes another dictator

Wait, a few minutes ago you were suggesting Kim wouldn’t have known anything about a peon like Wambier in prison, so why would calling Kim a liar have had any affect on his eventual release?

You really think Trumps only possible responses were to either say he takes a murderous dictator at his word, or call him a liar?

Really?

Trump’s involved in tense negotiations, of some importance, eh?

Trump was supposed to employ nuanced insults, by inferring he didn’t believe Kim?

When it comes to Trump, I’m always expecting out right hatred for everything he does, and at the minimum nitpicking every little detail, from Trump’s expressions, to his clothing, to the way he shook hands, and on and on.

Another person who is so skilled with English language that the only two comprehensible responses are “he is a man of his word” or “he is a liar”.

Really, are expectations for our President that low?

There are infinite ways to answer that while not being a weakling in the face of a murderous dictator, while also not insulting him as a liar.

Does Trump gain anything by calling Kim a liar, or inferring Kim might be a liar in these negotiations?

He did not have to call him a liar… Trump is the one that brought up Kim’s personal word as being significant. Trump made it the topic.

Really, this is sad, go watch a previous President (say Reagan) and how they handle themselves.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/422780-court-orders-north-korea-to-pay-501m-to-otto-warmbiers-parents

Hey, who can say who’s responsible? It’s no one’s fault; no one’s responsible.

He absolved Kim Jung Un for Otto’s murder. It’s right up their with his tie being too long.

Just curious if Trump talked to Kim about making this payment. I would suspect since Trump is an amazing patriot :us:, I would figure that making America great again would include making sure the Warmbier’s would receive their money.

I said I doubted that the self absorbed dictator would have given a crap about the comfort of people in his prison. We have no way of knowing how much Kim involved himself with the treatment of prisoners, so calling him a liar in negotiations is bound to end them. Inferring that he’s a liar, or refusing to accept him at his word, without proof, would also end the negotiations.

I ask again, what does it get Trump, or South Korea’s people, or the world for that matter, during these negotiations, for Trump to do anything but take Kim at his word, on the matter that is already water under the bridge?

He knew exactly the shape warmbier was in.

which is why they let him go.

Better for him to die at home than a NK prison.

Allan

Lol water under the bridge. At this point what difference does it make!

Again, in these negotiations, what does it get us to call Kim a liar, when we have we have no proof to the contrary?

It’s a ■■■■ show Matryoshka doll!

1 Like

The POTUS should not have turned this meeting into a dog and pony show. He should not fawn over Kim. It’s disgusting. And he walked away with nothing.

Yes, water under the bridge, in the sense that calling Kim a liar would not achieve anything. Trump was supposed to publicly call Kim a liar and end the release of Warmbier, or infuriate Kim today by calling him a liar, and end negotiations?

So you are incapable of thinking of a response that doesn’t call Kim a liar, but also doesn’t imply a murderous dictator is a man of his word?

Do you remember the good old days when Obama couldn’t even say radical Muslim extremists.

The new GOP is so friendly. Speaking of which, we don’t hear that term much anymore around these parts either.

1 Like

Fat donald needs to stop kissing Kim’s ass, end of story.

1 Like

So you are incapable of thinking of a response that doesn’t call Kim a liar, but also doesn’t state a murderous dictator is a man of his word?

I have higher expectations for a President.