Trump attacks McCain over dossier, Meghan McCain swipes back

No one went after Chelsea Clinton?

Was she not called a dog by a certain mainstream radio pendant?

I think the only liberal who went after John Mccain’s military service was Donald Trump.

3 Likes

Adjust your sarcasm meter. :wink:

Ouch!

I have posted on here several things that were said about McCain’s service by the left. That you don’t want to believe them is sad. You just keep living in your fairy tale that the left are such angels that they never act like Trump. Me I live in the real world and politics are a dirty business. And both sides fling their share of mud. But you won’t ever find me trying to change history by claiming my side has never done anything like that.

1 Like

Weird. I’ve been following the entire thread and I don’t recall you posting anything of the sort for some reason.

Got a link?

Even your hero chimed in…

A search of Obama’s community website, my.BarackObama.com, finds two posts calling McCain a “war criminal.”

There are plenty more articles out there.

You are free to claim the right lays it on the left’s candidates because the reality is they do, as does your side. It’s part of the political game.

This thread however is such revisionist history as to how the left treated McCain during his candidacy, it’s sickening.

Your second link doesn’t support anything your wrote.

Your first link reports on something John Aravosis posted on twitter, and then talks about Doug Valentine. Your link repeated points out that President Obama never engaged in these lines of attacks, but instead pressed against them.

Do you think that Aravosis and Valentine are sufficient whataboutisms for the things President Donald Trump is saying?

1 Like

I actually said ‘cloth’ first but thought that too subtle and changed to ‘bleachbit’ playing the demographic odds. I guessed wrong.

How long are you going to keep this act up?

Claiming the left never attacked McCain nor doesn’t attack their opponents is ridiculous and a total fabrication.

1 Like

I think you may have been visiting a different forum. Some of that stuff you allude to wouldn’t have passed muster here I don’t think.

I’m not claiming the left never attacked McCain. I don’t recall prominent Democratic politicians attacking his military service. Can we agree that never happened or do you want to provide a link?

ETA: I really don’t appreciate you claiming I’m putting on an act. Can you delete that part? I’m not putting on an act anymore than you are at this point.

Name me a single person on the left who attacked McCain for being captured and tortured.

:cricket:
Crickets.

Remeber when Republican where outraged when someone on SNL called Dan Crenshaw a pirate for having a eye-patch, yet defend Trump for making fun of McCain’s military career.

2 Likes

John Aravosis and Doug Valentine. That’s two!

1 Like

Look up what Senator Rockefeller said about McCain. He tried to walk it back after he got flack. And he wasn’t the only one.

So it’s OK to make fun of someone with a disability now? I think the outrage is more about the dems and their do as I say not as I do approach to everything.

I am not going to defend Trump for what he has said about McCain’s military career. I give Obama credit for not personally attacking him, however many associated with him did. I’m also not going to have the amnesia rampant in this thread.

“I made an inaccurate and wrong analogy, and I have extended my sincere apology to him,” Rockefeller said in a statement. “While we differ a great deal on policy issues, I profoundly respect and appreciate his dedication to our country, and I regret my very poor choice of words.”

Has Donald Trump ever said anything so elegant?

no the outrage is more about far Republican will go to defend Trump.