Trump and Puty Sitting in Helsinki - Dictator Summit Extravaganza

i cant even begin to image the spooks or assets who are actually overseas on mission must feel though after today.

congrats on the new house btw. on the Texas coast right?

it honestly doesn’t matter. by the time the next election rolls around the democratic candidate will be painted as Satan. Rush and Fox have that perfected.

1 Like

Close your Wiki my friend. :slight_smile:

Trump Slump

Ouch.

https://twitter.com/JamesFallows/status/1019058467729039365

What the hell!?

Unreal.

. . .

So? Over the top hysteria is common in most media these days. How are we supposed to have civil discussions when extremist remarks like this, from a mainstream publication, are present?

I’m a bit surprised no one has resigned. Thought Huntsman at least would have by now.

But it seems everything is business as usual. And this tweet also sums up a lot of the headlines that are around today.

1 Like

Gotta get them clicks.

I think your media apparatus may be a bigger joke than your political system, and you know my views on your political system :laughing:.

In any normal admin you’d see resignations.

But I do wonder if the first thing that crosses their minds is “What kind of clown will Trump replace me with?”

I’m a little surprised and disappointed. But you nailed it as to why likely. The rhetoric is just absurdly over the top with some of these folks. The whole thing is just a huge disgrace, from both sides in many ways.

Seriously? A US president just threw his own country under the bus and you’re here complaining that some people are going overboard with their comparisons?

So much of the media is absolutely pathetic. And even worse is the politicalization of everything. Yesterday even dictionary.com was tweeting the definition of traitor and patriot. I mean come on… can we not have dictionaries remain out of politics?

Do you not see how stupid it looks to the average person, to be comparing this to Pearl Harbor and other atrocities?

People need to get a grip. I’ve said many times the over the top screaming about absolutely everything could easily backfire. And here we are, 24 hours from the worst presser I can ever recall seeing, and it seems it will soon be forgotten.

Are you mad at the internet? You wanna see over-the-top rhetoric? Check out our host’s hour-by-hour feed.

3 Likes

The dictionary guys have been doing that a while, always makes me chuckle.

At least with them you have to be plugged in to know what they’re giving a wink to.

The thing is, a reality TV star became President. Everything is political now, because US culture is celebrity culture.

There is no escape.

Oh yeah, we see it time after time. Trump says something incredibly stupid and/or reckless, there is normal anger and outrage from reasonable people, then the extremist rhetoric begins and soon all is forgotten until we are on to the next thing. Lather, rinse, repeat.

We are getting it now with Kavanaugh. Abortions will all be illegal, people will have their voting rights taken away, and people will die. Even Hillary said he will take us back to slavery. I mean really?

Oh and it is a disgrace on both sides. Don’t know if you know who Steve Deace is, conservative radio host from Iowa. Anyway, he has a theory about who will win in November. “Whoever is dumbest last loses”. In other words, both sides are terrible and neither really deserve to win.

2 Likes

Well you have a good point there. What else can we expect when a reality TV show host is now in the WH?

Anyway, I thought yesterday’s events would really do serious damage to Trump. He’s meeting with Congress shortly and I think may be doing another presser. Going to put the TV on to see.

But otherwise, it looks as though we will soon be moving on from this dumpster fire and waiting the next one.

Ya I’ve given up expecting any real damage from his self-inflicted wounds. I think he could start a completely bonkers war and maintain most of his supporters.

Everything is garbage and nothing matters anymore, no conservative savior is coming because the GOP is dead, and the Democrats are either completely useless or bananas.

So pull up a chair and get yer popcorn :sunny:.

1 Like