Trump an "absolute no" on Puerto Rico statehood, citing feud with mayor

Washington DC is and always should be just that, the District established in the Constitution for 200 years. Nothing has changed.

Because we don’t need another state. There is not purpose in it.

They’re already citizens. Have been for an hundred years. Why don’t they count? They want statehood too.

It isn’t about what the “we” needs… it is about what is best for citizens of the United States who live without proper federal representation.

The right hates Mexico Island.

So you don’t care about taxation without representation?

Either make them a state, or don’t force the residence to pay federal income tax.

Hmm, I wonder why?

If they were a State they could have representation to address how the Jones Act is a drain on their economy.

1 Like

We dont “need” lots of things. Sometimes we do things because its the right thing to do.

1 Like

That’s part of “cutting them loose”.

smh…okay.
pathetic.

discounted, yes.

Full price, no.

Allan

so what do you you do with citizens of the United States who live in PR?

just cut them off from their rights under the constitution.

“Letting them go” is a sticky wicket.

Allan

What an ever loving jackass we Americans have elected to the oval office.

2 Likes

So much for America first.

well thats not true, DC has 3 electoral votes in a presidential election. The amendment changed things, right?

Allan

When one is a Trumplican, like they are, thinking doesn’t enter the picture, certainly thinking about the people of Puerto Rico wouldn’t enter in, they can’t vote for Fat Donald, they don’t really count.

well, they’re not “really” americans. have you seen them?

Facts and reality are of no concern to Mr. Alternative Facts aka Truth isn’t Truth.

I know.

It was a complete travesty how it happened as well. American imperialism at its worst in Puerto Rico, the Philippines, and Cuba.

Personally I support statehood. But either way the status quo is just wrong.