Trump an "absolute no" on Puerto Rico statehood, citing feud with mayor

Instead of staying in PR and fixing it, many left to get welfare on the mainland.

… All that work, and having to get a job…

Left left ran PR and bankrupted it…

1 Like

What the actual ■■■■■

The reasons for Puerto Rico’s financial troubles is much much more complicated than pointing and screaming “LIBS”

No, it’s not…

The island is full of corrupt government officials with a Puerto Rican mayor and two additional island officials being charged with corruption & mishandling of federal aid according to The Associated Press. And the Governor is a complete disgrace that’s why PR is not being considered for statehood.

TDS has certainly damaged the minds, hearts and souls of those infected with it!

4 Likes

If you think that… then who am I to stop you from doing so.

Must be nice to not have to understand complexities.

It’s a comment on welfare culture…

What state do you live in Doug. Maybe we could arrange a trade.

You would know… Not me… Reps didn’t run PR.

Apply that standard to any other State in the Union over the history of this country and most of the States would be in the same boat as Puerto Rico.

2 Likes

Why is our man-child president saying “NO” to Puerto Rico statehood and full American participation for ALL Puerto Ricans?

The answer is his mindless partisan political rage against ONE, just ONE single Puerto Rican, and that for freely expressing her opinions.

Your blanket condemnation of me and my fellow Democrats, a false declaration in my case, as well as in many others I have no doubt, is absolutely hilarious when compared to Trump’s political partisanship on display here.

Well this will be interesting.

Puerto Rico isn’t completely in control of it’s own fate. They never really have been.

Start with that little nugget and ignore the dichotomy that you want to portray the world existing in because it is easier than learning something.

1 Like

It’s not their fault? That’s all you have? They spent the money, no one else did.

That isn’t what I said.

I said that the situation is much more complicated than pointing and screaming “Libs”

And why don’t you want them to be a state?

I’m sure you’ve got an entirely non-partisan reason, because only liberals are partisan. You guys are all sweetness and light, and never a partisan thought has crossed your mind.

Right?

True!! But President Trump is trying to drain the swamp, not add to it!

2 Likes

Why don’t we need another state?

So… a territory of over three million US citizens is part of the swamp?

Really?