Trump an "absolute no" on Puerto Rico statehood, citing feud with mayor

yeah, he’s having a spat so he has to lash out. dude is a child.

“With the mayor of San Juan as bad as she is and as incompetent as she is, Puerto Rico shouldn’t be talking about statehood until they get some people that really know what they’re doing,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with Rivera’s show on Cleveland’s WTAM radio.

When “you have good leadership,” statehood for Puerto Rico could be “something they talk about,” Mr. Trump said. “With people like that involved in Puerto Rico, I would be an absolute no.”

so, if you guys ever want anything, don’t cross the king.

Would you want such a nasty woman to be in an official state? I think not. Let me know when the people of Puerto Rico LOVE Trump as they should.

3 Likes

On their hands and knees after he so graciously gave them paper towels

2 Likes

it’s funny that Trump is probably 1000 times more nasty than any politician we have anywhere.

1 Like

When I saw this thread, I had a flashback to the Seinfeld episode with the Soup Nazi. “No soup for you!!”

In Trump’s case, it would be “No statehood for you!!”

5 Likes

You’re a trader, would you buy Puerto Rico?

We already did.

1 Like

Yet Trump did not make an economic argument he made it personal because the mayor had the audacity to criticize Trump.

3 Likes

She’s a mayor.

Local government.

1 Like

We don’t need another state. Cut them loose.

I’m not sure what you mean by “cut them loose”. P.R. is an island, inhabited by US citizens. What would “cutting them loose” do to those Americans?

1 Like

Guess no one told President small hands it isn’t his say on the matter. Who woulda thunk the moron in chief wouldn’t know this and that apparently no one around him told him either.

1 Like

It would reverse the effects of our colonialization through war.

Why not?

PR would make a wonderful additional state.

Don’t need one.
Time for manifest destiny is past.

Well thats not a good reason. Puerto Rico has been part of the US for the last 100 years, its about time they were granted statehood.

3 Likes

Let’s Make America Smaller Again!!

4 Likes

Way back in 1917, the US granted Puerto Ricans American citizenship.

Within hours after this “granting”, Puerto Rican males received draft notices and off to World War I they went.

Coincidence? Or cannon fodder?

Through every war since then Puerto Rican-Americans have given their lives for their/our country.

And now “we” don’t need another state and so you want to just “cut them loose.”

What happens if we get involved in another ground war? Think of how many “real” Americans will be cannon fodder while Puerto Ricans will stay on their island and be safe.

2 Likes

I bet you guys fat donald doesn’t know that Puerto Ricans are American citizens.

1 Like

Just another example of Trump having a loose grip on the issues, and as a defense mechanism lashes out against a perceived enemy. Does Trump have any real clue about PR statehood? No. Instead of saying something sensible he says something stupid. It’s his thing.

1 Like