Transgender Sex Reassignment Surgery, now more accessible in Wisconsin

It does. The suicide rate drops. This has been quantified. Please stop spreading misinformation.

1 Like

Being transgender is not a mental illness.

Reattaching severed digits isn’t medically necessary.

1 Like

There was a recent conference here about trans health where professionals drawing from multiple licensed fields attended. The consensus there was the same. It’s not just “a doctor”, but the entire field, save a department head at John Hopkins who opposed reassignment surgery in the 70s.

Science and Medicine - where popularity is the answer. lol

I’ll take an entire industry of trained professionals over an anonymous and unsubstantiated opinion every time

Glad you got that off your chest. lol

It’s been the same in every social battle in American history and will continue til the end of the time. The white conservative, for whatever reasons, feels a need to attack and shame anything that falls outside their narrow bubble of what is normal and acceptable. They won’t change because they lack the basic empathy needed to put themselves in the shoes of the people they go out of their way to frame as “the other”.

They will lose, as they always do, but they will make sure the battle is as painful as possible for those involved.

1 Like

it is the result of a mental illness.

sorry the left will have to keep searching for another aggrieved group to make a “civil rights” issue with

The suicide rate is no lower after surgery.

By the very definition of the words it is. Not necessarily a bad one, but one none the less.

Having your brain chemistry not match your body type is most certainly a mental illness.

1 Like

“Compared to the general population, adults who have undergone sex-reassignment surgery continue to have a higher risk of experiencing poor mental health outcomes. One study found that, compared to controls, sex-reassigned individuals were about 5 times more likely to attempt suicide and about 19 times more likely to die by suicide.”

gender surgery doesnt work. it doesn’t address the underlying problems of mental illness

you needed this knowledge bad

i know what i read. how about you?

“Compared to the general population, adults who have undergone sex-reassignment surgery continue to have a higher risk of experiencing poor mental health outcomes. One study found that, compared to controls, sex-reassigned individuals were about 5 times more likely to attempt suicide and about 19 times more likely to die by suicide.“

you’re welcome for the knowledge

Talking about the preventive medical correction versus the the continued social stigma promulgated in this thread.

Yes it supports exactly what i said. Your report literally says what i said that there is an overall higher chance of suicides with those who deal with these issues. It’s not because of the surgery.

Unless i am of course misunderstanding your argument.

● Members of the transgender population are also at higher risk of a variety of mental health problems compared to members of the non-transgender population. Especially alarmingly, the rate of lifetime suicide attempts across all ages of transgender individuals is estimated at 41%, compared to under 5% in the overall U.S. population.

1 Like

Speaking of patterns. One group is particularly zealous in these types of threads. Angrily zealous. :thinking:

This does not say what you think it does. Transgender people have higher rates of suicide whether they are pre-op or post-op compared to a control population. The question here is whether quality of life and suicide rates drop in pre-op trans people vs post op trans people.

There are a plethora of studies posted at the link. Knock yourself out.

The definition of words? If you’re making diagnostic claims, you’re appealing to medical criteria. That criteria does not support your claims.

You sought out this thread without doing any extensive research on the subject. It seems you’re the one attempting to seek out the “aggrieved”.

Being transgender is not a mental illness.

Shots fired.