!Transgender Rights!

people used to say burning cities was crazy.

Activist destroy their own case

1 Like

I always enjoy looking back and see if I see things differently now when the old threads are resurrected. Sad to see so many past users gone though.

1 Like

Be nice if transgender people didn’t have to worry about being shot on dates.

Is that what you call it?

To be fair, they do need to announce that they are trans up front when they are talking to what one would assume is a straight male.

That would go a long way to avoiding incidents of violence. Usually no one gets shot, but getting punched is pretty common.

1 Like

Sure, but the way I look at it is you wouldn’t punch a girl who you thought was pretty online but ended up being ugly and/or fat.

We were told right here that its only old boomers that are the problem. So that’s not possible… getting shot. Do you want to explain the contradiction.

No, you weren’t. They are a large part of the problem… but not the only problem.

No but the circumstances aren’t exactly the same.

Being catfished about gender will always cause a bigger reaction than being catfished about looks.

The victim says that the dispute was over money.

This doesn’t seem to be a “left/right” thing but an old fashioned pay for Sex thing.

That’s not a justification for violence.

It is time for the gay/trans panic defense to die.

1 Like

Ahhhh… funny how the pesky records of what’s been said before call into question the honesty of those words.

1 Like

Nobody said “only”. You added that.

Player told investigators that after hopping into the truck and seeing that his date was a man “became frightened and fired his weapon as a reaction.”

Go to the source that Yahoo got it from.

“In the court report the victim states the shooting happened over money.”

I never said it was.

But it’s better to be safe than sorry because some people are just violent.

I agree. In a perfect world.

This isn’t a perfect world and some people aren’t going to react logically to these circumstances.

I just want them to protect themselves. Being open about the transition to a prospective date (although in this case it looks like the dude was mad about the money involved since this seems like payment for sex) before the meet can solve a lot of issues beforehand.

1 Like

Most of the gay/trans panic defenses are used after the two people had known each other for awhile.

Being surprised is quite rare.

In those circumstances then those guys are just ■■■■■■■■■ If you already know then don’t complain about it.

But there are legitimate cases of total surprise. Say two people meet in a bar.

But ultimately there is a logical way to react. “Sorry, I don’t roll that way.” And then leave.

That’s how those situations should go. But not everyone thinks logically.

I’ve been hit on by dudes before. I never got violent or even upset about it. I always said something along the lines of “that’s not my thing man.”

Never had an issue giving someone that response. No sense in getting violent or being a jerk over a compliment or something along those lines. Just explain that you’re straight and go about your business.

1 Like