Top Trump Officials Clash Over Plan to Let Cars Pollute More

That’s fine.
Altimas are good cars. I have owned many Nissans.

Just illustrating the hybrids of today, are not the hybrids of the past that lacked power.

Considering how much fossil fuels are subsidized and protected by the government, there is no way in hell market signalling will ever occur fast enough to encourage change via market forces alone.

Even without all the government interference, it was likely not to happen.

Free markets are great.

They aren’t the answer to absolutely every issue we face.

Conservative premier just canceled them. Which will result in lawsuits and the way he is ripping up contracts it will be result in lots of taxpayer money going to pay outs.

Ah a bunch of useless ■■■■■■■■ debating on whether or not they can get away with helping to accelerate climate change while Greece burns and the heat wave in Japan continues.

Great.

My wife owns an Infiniti 35 that she loves. Has great reliability just like my car. Less mileage however.

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to sell you on a hybrid. Just pointing out your falsehood about them not having the needed power

1 Like

I wasn’t gonna say anything but, man, I rarely ever see a giant dude get out of a really giant pickup. Wouldn’t you think that would be common?

You’ve never driven a Model S. Gets over 100 mpge, has more torque than pretty much any car out there that you’d actually want to put miles on, and has as much space as any other full sized sedan. Your declining reaction time couldn’t handle the 0-60 in 2.6 seconds.

A model S? My declining reaction time hasn’t declined as much as you might think. :smiley:

I have no reason to go 0-60 that fast either.

I LeSabre isn’t a gas guzzler. They’ll get over 30 miles per gallon on the highway and carry up to 6 people comfortably, safely and reliably. Also, as the poster stated, they haven’t made Buick LeSabres for many years.

Republicans are so pathetic…

Had my picture taken behind that very lectern. Took the picture back to work and told my coworkers i was gonna be their next prez! :rofl:

…and look how Dems have “evolved”. Today Dems say, “ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you”. IMO…politicians on both sides of the aisle are pathetic.

he may not need to buy anything (like most of us) but it looks like in some posts you’re using 57mpg and in other posts his 22-30mpg. weird.

Do you know what CAFE is and how it relates to our discussion? Weird.

let’s see, which argument do you wanna go with? the “hey, if you buy under 57 a lot of fuel efficient cars have to be bought to get the averages up” or the “man, i love the leg room of the LeSabre”.

I ran my old car nearly into the dirt. It took me through college. I could have kept driving it but it needed a suspension rebuild and I was going to have to replace the timing chain set. It wasn’t worth the trouble.

So I bought my first brand new car this year. And I’m very satisfied. I used to recommend Hondas but I said I would never own one. I’m very happy with this Civic Si I bought. It’s perfect for me. Gets 40-50 MPG highway, has four doors, bigger than one would expect it to be on the inside, comfortable (it uses GM’s Magnetride suspension, which is awesome), and is fun to drive in the curves.

Literally the only thing I dislike about it is that it is a slug until the boost builds. Once the turbo is spooled it will shred the front tires. Until then though it’s slow as molasses. Makes sense considering it’s a 1.5L engine that was designed for Honda’s hybrid cars.

Eh they were safe for their time. Compared to new cars, not so much.

You know as well as anyone else does that modern care built in the last five years are in a different league. The amount of safety tech they have now is insane. I sacrificed most of the safety tech (like auto braking or lane keeping) because I wanted a manual trans (for some reason manufacturers can’t make a lot of it work with the manual models) but my car is basically a rolling airbag (it has airbags in the friggin’ seats!!!) and has every traction and stability control gizmo known to mankind.

If I wrecked this Si I would feel confident. I would not feel confident in either my Celica and god forbid my Trans Am which is made out of fiberglass resin and was built by drunk Canadians.

There’s a reason for that.

Nissan insists on sticking low as hell gear sets in all of their differentials. They do it for acceleration.

My DM had G35 coupe for a long time. It had a 3.73 final drive ratio. For a long distance cruiser that is just too low. He struggled to get 23 out of it.

Her car has more power than we need but has been extremely reliable. Speedometer goes to 160 i think but it is never going to get more than 75 or 80(interstate) with us driving it.