Top Trump Officials Clash Over Plan to Let Cars Pollute More

Or a LeSabre.

How many new LeSabres were sold in the past 5 years?

Sorry. Didn’t mean to get between you and your boy.

Yeah…thats unrealistic. I’d say 35 mpg for mini vans and Subs and 45 for cars of all sizes…and 30 for all larger vehicles. Those are more realistic.

I would exclude from these those cars labeled muscle cars. Mustangs, Camaros, corvettes, and etc. Charge a muscle car tax…10 dollars per 1000 dollars of cost. I’d pay that for my dream Camaro!

He/she probably doesn’t know they aren’t made any more. :grin: If the LeSabre ever bites the dust i might get an Altima(made in USA) with the 3.5 engine.

May be quite a while though since a GM mechanic told me that those 3.8 engines were good for about 350,000 miles. :+1:

Lots of gas guzzlers are still made. That was his point.

A car that gets 30 mpg highway is no guzzler in my opinion but to he honest I would still be driving it if it only got 20 mpg.

I really don’t care about the mileage.

The 54mpg standard for cars and light trucks was finalized in 2012, giving manufacturers 13 years to meet those standards.

Many were already developing technologies to surpass the current standard.

It would save people substantial amount of money of fuel costs over the life of the car, and be better for the environment.

Reminds me when industry, and conservatives fought the standard to remove lead from gas.

The Market does not always set the best standards.

You can’t make a car that gets 54 miles to a gallon that I would care anything about driving.

Too cramped and not enough power.

Yeah, industry is in business to make as much jack as humanly possible.

Wrong.
A 2018 Camry hybrid gets 53 mpg, just shy of the standard, 7 yeas early.
They are pretty roomy.

Not enough power. I have no interest in a Hybrid.

Plus my LeSabre is probably good for 150,000 more miles.

Teslas get up to 104 MPG and will straight smoke your LeSabre

1 Like

You think I am going to pay what a new Tesla costs when I have a paid for car already? :rofl:

Camry :Horsepower (Net @ RPM): 208 @ 5700
2002 Lesabre: 205 hp @ 5200 rpm,

Sorry. Simply not interested in any sort of Hybrid. When The LeSabre goes kaput I am probably going for an Altima with a 3.5 engine.

Inverse relationship there with car size…

My next door neighbor has a Tesla. That car sweet. I know folks get bent out of shape about the price, however the model 3 us 35k.

I’m still not convinced in going full electric, but I’m in the market for a new car and since I drive a lot on the highway to and from work, I’m looking at the 2018 Lexus ES 300 hybrid. I did the math, I will be buying gas once every 10 days.

That’s what they said about 25-30 mpg vehicles back in the 1970s.