Time’s person of the year…

True. She is… guess I’m just sick of hearing about her and Travis.

I don’t think the wealthiest pop star since Micael Jackson is concerned about becoming irrelevant. Besides, she is much more relevant than Time Magazine. What more could she be seeking? :wink:

That’s so moralisticly yesterday. :wink:

I’m old, and the father of 7, all born into a married home.

1 Like

Personally. I think she great. I’ve seen her live twice, I listen to her records with my kids, and listen to them when they tell about their favorite songs. Mostly, I appreciate her for being someone my girls can admire instead of them looking up to Cardi B, Mikey Cyrus, Nikki Minaj.

So cheers, Taylor.

1 Like

I’d rather Time picked Taylor Swift than whoever Time would politically think of.

If you haven’t attended one of her recent concerts or at least seen the ERA film, why assume she’s just a typical leftist from CA? She’s more of a Penn. New York and Tenn person although she has homes in CA.

In case no one has noticed her fans are not auto-left or auto-right and attacked by leftists for not being in their club. Regardless if her music is not ordinarily a style you like, she is a pretty fantastic performer who just set a higher bar then ever before.

1 Like

Speaking of Nikki Minaj.

I’m so sick of getting shot in the head by fools on COD using her skin. It’s so annoying.

1 Like

That’s why I don’t bother with COD…junk game

They went full Fortnite with their skins

I just uninstalled MWII last night. Primarily because I’m not paying 70 dollars for MWIII which is literally glorified DLC and because the games are integrated it was sucking my bandwidth for 40 gig updates for a game I don’t own.

1 Like

I also get a kick out of some of the MAGA knucklehead pundits creating ridiculous conspiracy theories about Taylor.; everything from Satanism to PsyOPs.

Charlie Kirk is for sure having a normal one.

I was being sarcastic (impossible for you to know, I know).

Good grief. For every one Charlie Kirk “Republicans” have, the Democrats have ten.

okay.

he’s not a republican. He’s a nut.

I think the point is that you can’t seem to post without throwing shade. But don’t despair, you have plenty of fellow travelers with the same inclinations.

1 Like

“Throwing shade”… and you said you were old.

That’s at the very least late GenX, maybe even Millennial terminology right there.

Born in 1961, Remember when the Flintstones premiered on Friday night, in prime time. Remember when Gunsmoke premiered, and Bat Man (the campy one). And the original Speed Racer afternoon cartoon. My oldest child is 43, my youngest child is 17. I have access to several walking translators of youthful slang.

1 Like

my dad was a writer for that show.

So he knew some actors from back in the day. Before modern Hollywood.

He was one of the actors from back in the day too, pre Batman. He was also a Marine. My whole family was old Hollywood, and they were split right down the middle politically. Everyone was a lot more moderate. Except my democrat grandmother had an absolute fit when I got Lazer Tag for Christmas one year. That caused some problems.

And as it was said at the end of Conan… that is another story.

2 Likes