Time for restrictions on the obese, the vaccinated, the marijuana smokers?

Did you look at that site? It is wild.

They think Donald Trump is still President.

1 Like

Find a citation showing something other than a 40-60% drop in business then.

2nd swing…

…or to back up what you suggest, with a credible source confirming that opinion? You were asked nicely to do that but instead, probably because you can’t, you weakly keep attacking the source. Seriously, can’t you be better than that?

4 Likes

It is so shallow and predictable and we know exactly why…there is none.

No wonder censorship is so chic nowadays.

:hatching_chick:

1 Like

…and…Factcheck.org… :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Free and open exchange of ideas is their kryptonite.

3 Likes

I have nothing but sympathy for the small business owners who have restaurants in midtown.

The fact is that if there is another wave of Covid ripping through the city, everything will get shut down again.

That is something that no one wants.

Midtown businesses rely on office workers. Offices are still not back to full capacity and they probably never will be since people like working from home.

It is a terrible situation with no real good solutions but it all has to be ridden out until the pandemic ends.

If we go through Fall and Winter without a big upswing in cases… that is a good thing and all of these restrictions in the city will go away. That is what we all want.

Did you…read the article you’re defending? Maybe you could be bothered to…cite the article’s evidence for the 40-60% claimm

They talked to three restaurants on Times Square.

Now that Broadway has reopened, they may be getting more business.

Did you read the source? Did you read where the claim of 40-60% came from? Or are you, too, simply defending a source with literally 0 scrutiny just because it says a thing you like?

Correct. 40-60% came from “man on the street says…”

Literally 2 people in this thread, so far, read beyond the title of that link.

give it time. and probably not a lot

now that they see how easily they can do this. it will continue

i can see other mandates coming or lose your job etc…

marketh my words

1 Like

Now is the time to push back against creeping tyranny.

Freedom isn’t free.

1 Like

These are professional restaurant owners in NYC telling you plainly their plight.

Reading is fundamental my friend and aren’t you a teacher? OMG “we” are in trouble. ! :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

New York City restauranteurs are complaining that their business has been slashed severely by the COVID-19 vaccine mandate,

Fergal Burke, the owner of O’Donoghue’s noticed that his business has seen “a massive drop,” since the vaccine mandate came into effect.

“We will go out of business if this continues, it’s gonna force us to shut our doors.”

Restauranteur Stratis Morfogen, a managing partner at Brooklyn Chop House, thinks that the government needs to start considering bailouts to help the restaurant industry again.

1 Like

And there couldn’t be any other reason that businesses on Times Square are suffering right now.

Ask the owners, these are their opinions, not mine but since they are at ground zero, I’ll take their word for it…how about you?

Is there any other reason that restaurants on Times Square would see a drop in sales?

Can we think of something else that might be going on?

Do their opinions apply to the other thousands of businesses?

Do you think a 2 or 3 sample size is enough to declare a systemic problem

Further, I would offer that businesses that thrived on workers being near by… might suffer when those workers are not working nearby anymore.

They were explicit as to the their reasoning. Now…post from what they said, where it is you believe they’re wrong and I’ll wait right here.

I am not doubting their opinions. I am asking if their opinions apply to the other thousands of businesses? Is 3 businesses a good sample size to explain the impact of the other businesses?

Also… could those businesses… who depend on workers being at work… suffer when those workers no longer go to work?