Time for restrictions on the obese, the vaccinated, the marijuana smokers?

K bugs…you run with that down your l’il rabbit hole. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

Went out to eat on the Lower East Side last weekend. The restaurants were pretty busy.

Could have to do with the fact that people actually live there.

Cat got your tongue suddenly?

:rofl:

You say that and never post any proof

Oh, and they are still arresting people for selling pot in Cal. So, the left was fooled again…

CHOICE is the operative word. I too am vaccinated, but I freely chose to do so. I believe everyone should be vaccinated, but they shouldn’t be forced to do so.

No one is being “forced”

Not yet. And let’s hope that doesn’t change.

Who is “they”?

I’m guessing they are arresting people who illegally grow weed?

“They” are the police and yes. So, now you are for putting people who grow pot in Jail?

If more people don’t get vaccinated, we’re susceptible to a fourth wave. The sooner nearly everyone gets vaccinated, the sooner we can go back to a totally normal life.

Honestly, in the NE, we’re pretty close. Pretty much totally open in NJ. I went to an indoor concert this weekend. Proof of vaccination was required. Felt totally fine. They did enforce masks when you were at your seat, which was a drag. But I suspect that will end soon…maybe after the winter? I don’t know…

But choice is all well and good, but the choice not to get vaccinated is affecting our countries ability to live again.

There seems to be a selective application of that concept at times.

No disagreement on the need for everyone to get vaccinated. But the government shouldn’t force anyone to do so. I’ve got mixed feelings about places of employment forcing their employees to get vaccinated or get fired.

I’m not sure how we get to where we need to be without some sort of mandates.

1 Like

Per the weed article, breakthrough infections were more likely to take place among individuals with substance abuse disorder, and they don’t make up anything close to a majority of marijuana users in particular.

In other words, my being over 50 & enjoying some edible marijuana only in the worst joint or migraine pain (not very often) probably isn’t going to make the vaccination any less effective.

Periodic testing is available for those who can & choose to donate blood as well.

Well if they are illegally growing… sure. If they are illegally growing then it would seem like they are trying to avoid taxes or other regulations.

That’s why I’ve got mixed feelings about private enterprise requiring proof of vaccination for entry or employment. I strongly oppose anything mandated by the government. They are all about one-size-fits-all solutions, which is a recipe for disaster.

2 Likes

Right! Got to make 'em! Make examples out of some 'em!

2 Likes

Is there more than one size here? What is the nuance?

“Should there be travel bans and employment restrictions on the obese, on the vaccinated over 30, on the people who use marijuana?”

Not only no, Hell No! Enough open positions are going unfilled, and having one or more of those risk factors does not necessarily mean a particular individual will become sick with COVID-19.