Time for accountability for the Failures of leadership this week and it's beginning

The VP-Elect did not, in fact, arrange for bail for any rioter.

This is continued spin by those who blur together “protester” with “rioter” in one case but not another (Harris wasn’t even arranging for bail for protester, but we’ll leave that out of the argument for the moment).

No one should resign for their vote.

They can be called out for their hypocrisy, though.

Just like if you want to call out those politicians who for political reasons didn’t condemn the summer riots as much as they should have, go right ahead.

The problem there, of course, is condemning the violence wasn’t enough unless it included a blanket condemnation of groups like BLM and Antifa…again blurring the lines between protester and rioter.

So even those politicians who condemned the rioters were said by the right not to have done so because they didn’t include Antifa and BLM in their entirety.

Isn’t the Speaker in charge of the Capitol police?

1 Like

Oversight | United States Capitol Police.

Not directly. There is a board with congressional oversight by committees of both the Senate and the House.
.WW, PSHS

So the Congress members who opposed the movement are the ones you think should resign? Could you please explain your reasoning and which bureaucrats you are talking about?

Speaking of the Speaker, a laptop was stolen from Pelosi’s office in the Capitol Wednesday. Information from laptop is reported to contain corruption by pelosi and other democrats.

Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) tweeted out a video Wednesday night of the destruction to his office in which he noted that the rioters had “stolen the laptop that was sitting on the table next to the telephone.”

Some experts and members of Congress have begun to raise concerns around the potential cybersecurity and data privacy ramifications of technological devices being stolen from members of Congress.

Use what ever picture you want.

Thank you. I will.
.WW, PSHS

Here’s one from November. For some reason I’m having a hard time finding a crowd pic from the usual sources.

Use what ever picture you want.
.WW, PSHS

Now see, this is what happens. “Reported by” whom? Is it in The Hill article you cited? I didn’t see it. The article you cited says it was a laptop that stayed in a conference room and was only used for presentations.

So what kind of dumbass leaves the “Corruption for Blackmail” laptop out loose in a conference room? That doesn’t begin to pass the common sense test.

So where did this “is reported” come from? Some genius on Twitter? Q-anon? Military Intelligence in Berlin? Jason Bourne?

Take a real story, add a little chili powder and Tabasco and now “See! See! I freakin’ told you!”

Only you can prevent The Special Neverending Conspiracy Media Perpetuation

Break the cycle. Put out the fire.

2 Likes

I want one from CNN or NYT. I’m using what google gives me.

The way I ‘see’ it, this is a place for discussion and debate. That is the way you get to the truth.

I read the rumor about the theft of the laptop and the contents before I searched and found more information on google.

Uhh you do know DC is abbreviation for District of Columbia and I was actually referring specifically the mayor of DC.

The mayor that asked that the national guard be deployed in advance?

Whom

https://rumble.com/vckiq8-suspect-of-nancy-pelosi-stolen-laptop-the-reason-they-want-to-impeach-trump.html

Far more likely they haven’t even been able to access any files without a password.

Wow that was informative! (Not)

Interesting article although the title is misleading. Noted the DC mayor “requested” the DCNG but can’t “call in” soldiers. By law:
National Guard (DCNG) is never under local control. Instead, under § 49-409 of the D.C. Code—which was enacted by Congress and predates the creation of D.C.'s local government—the president is at all times the DCNG’s commander-in-chief .
Oh there’s plenty of opinion as to when the deployment should have happened and reports of VP Pence taking an active role in that deployment.
But admittedly by Bowser in this same article, the expectation of violence was real and high. She and her chief of police were woefully ill prepared and had no contingency plan as the crowd size swelled. Not even at a minimum did they establish a security perimeter even before the ginned up maniacs marched toward the Capital. I will also say that Nancy Pelosi bears a measure of responsibility for not providing for the security of the House members; a function of her position as House speaker. Instead, she asked for (and received) the Sarge at Arms resignation and is now fomenting more of the “impeachment” slobbering and more of the hate Trump rhetoric as a deflection from her own ineptness and failure.

1 Like

Sure thing, I have zero sympathy for the people who stormed the capital.

I’ll bet not a single person in that photo was involved in the breach of the Capitol building.

Just saying.

Media want to spin this entire protest as riotous. Don’t fall for the narrative.

1 Like