Three illegal immigration lies

So your just going to ignore kingarthur65’s post. Got it.

It’s a decent start. 700 miles of border fencing is a good idea as long as it’s an actual formidable barrier. Not simply a glorified chain link fence. Do you think that this bill has any hope in the house? Most of the presidential candidates have pledged not to add any additional barriers. Some have pledged to tear down existing ones. Nancy has offered $1.00 to fund barriers. So where does it go from here?

There were many things that regarding that legislation that Republicans didn’t like:

Now to be clear both parties have failed on this issue. Regarding what I think should be done is not really relevant since I have no power to propose any legislative fix. All that can be discussed is what if anything is being put up now by our Representatives.

convenient cop out.

How about this one?

It’s a decent start. 700 miles of border fencing is a good idea as long as it’s an actual formidable barrier. Not simply a glorified chain link fence. Do you think that this bill has any hope in the house? Most of the presidential candidates have pledged not to add any additional barriers. Some have pledged to tear down existing ones. Nancy has offered $1.00 to fund barriers. So where does it go from here?

It’s true. Personally I don’t see what’s the point of me and you or whoever going back and forth on what one of us thinks should be done. The question is who in Congress is currently proposing legislation to fix this complete mess?

your opinion is not the truth. you do a lot of “back and forth” about education.

You going to ignore my question?

It is and many do.

This comprehensive immigration reform bill was negotiated by the bipartisan gang of 8. There was give and take on both sides and this was and is a good example of compromise on both sides.

It’s very telling that the only part of interest to you is additional barriers. The bill also provides funding for additional judges and border patrol agents, which would better address the problems we are seeing at the border today.

The singular idea of building a wall does very little to address the problems we are seeing today. Trump has received funding for expanding barriers each year of his presidency. He hasn’t spent the funds he received in 2017 yet. I think the country would be better served to hire more judges and agents. It would have a more immediate impact. A wall will take years to build and have any impact.

This question remains:

Do you think that this bill has any hope in the house? Most of the presidential candidates have pledged not to add any additional barriers. Some have pledged to tear down existing ones. Nancy has offered $1.00 to fund barriers. So where does it go from here?

As this bill is currently written? I doubt it, but it is a good starting point for compromise. Which is what I suggested to begin with.

Nancy offered $1 after Trump was already offered $1B. Then Trump wanted $5B. Then Congress approved $1B, ending the shutdown.

I thought it was a civil issue and not a criminal one?

Agreed. None of the presidential candidates will be in favor of 700 miles of new barrier. That would be an admission that we have a serious problem on the border. They are not prepared to go there. This bill will offer nothing to republicans after they are done tinkering with it.

Your singular focus on a wall, while not surprising, does not address the problems we are currently experiencing at the southern border.

1 Like

You are mistaken. I’m not the one who will be shooting this bill down because it funds a barrier. It has absolutely zero to do with me. You need to come to terms with this fact.

Illegal presence (being here undocumented) is a civil matter.
Illegal entry (the initial act of crossing the border) between ports of entry is a crime.

Correct it.

Is a wall the only way to address problems at the border? Is it even the best way to address the current problems?

A wall restricts entry. It keeps us from being over run as is currently happening. People who are apprehended should be put on a bus and sent south immediately to await their hearing. We definitely need to stop releasing people have been caught sneaking into our country. We need to be able to deport people quicker. Anyone who has committed a theft, a drunk driving offense, I.D. theft, assault, should be deported instantly. Not protected by sanctuary cities. So yes, there are things that we should do in addition to a wall.

1 Like