This is why I hate the Police

Probably not. But they are not in a school situation at that age. Now are they.

More than you know. Many municipalities, ours included, have Early Childhood Development Programs to assist working parents.

These first graders need to start to understand what it’s like to be zip tied and hauled off in the back of a cruiser.

3 Likes

I just watched the video. I’m sick to my stomach over this. As a parent and a grandparent I’m horrified at all involved here, from the decision to call the police by the school, to the LEO who thought it was acceptable to take a scared, sobbing SIX YEAR OLD baby who was not doing anything but pleading for herself at the time of being zip-tied (handcuffed) and placed in the back of a police vehicle to be hauled off to jail. This is beyond messed up.

I’m sure others here who are parents and have had to deal with children at this young age in meltdown mode would agree with me. There are occasions with children this young where there is no ability to reason on their part. They are expressing emotions at a base level that cannot be controlled or reasoned with. Compounding this through these actions are abhorrent. The psychological impact this traumatic event will have on this child is unknown at this point, but it is assuredly going to be severe.

8 Likes

Thanks @NebraskaFootball You stated this much more eloquent than I could have. I too find it abhorrent and reprehensible.

2 Likes

These first graders need to start to understand what it’s like to be zip tied and hauled off in the back of a cruiser.

1 Like

Your right. This whole thing should be broadcasted on A&Es Live PD

2 Likes

She’s six years old dude.

A six year old “assault” is like getting hit by a styrofoam bat.

This entire situation was uncalled for and a complete overreaction.

2 Likes

The kid will be scared of police for the rest of her life.

Not to mention the school officials who did this to her.

The average 6 year old girl is 3’9 44 lbs. the fact the cop ziptied her is disgusting. The fact that some here are defending him is worse. Anyone defending the cop should never be placed in a position of authority since their judgement is that poor

6 Likes

Please stop. You’re wrong on this and not going to win this argument.

3 Likes

The problem with police is the inherent selection bias.

There is always a substantial portion of applicants who apply and ultimately make it, who are there solely for the power of the badge.

Yes, there are some good cops as well, the occasional very good cop.

But I think a substantial minority, and in some jurisdictions the outright majority, of cops are in it for the badge and the power. Driven by testosterone.

It should be no surprise this kind of **** happens.

We have solved this problem to a great extent in my portion of Pennsylvania. We have simply gotten rid of most borough police departments in the area. :smile: If you don’t have any cops at all, it follows that you don’t have any bad cops. :smile:

2 Likes

I disagree. Even guys/gals in it for the “power” can be trained how to react to every situation and not to over-react when it’s not necessary.

What’s needed is more - or at least better - training for cops.

Instead of giving millions of dollars of insurance money to families abused by such a bad cop, take that money and train them!

Are you in a rural part of PA? How’s the crime situation working out?

I have to disagree.

Training will work for those officers that are already of good character and are on the job for altruistic purposes.

If a guy is in it for the badge, club and gun, all the training in the world is not going to reform him.

You can’t train thuggery out of a thuggish individual any more than you can train the desire to molest out of a child molester.

A molester will molest and a thug will act like a thug, including those many thugs with badges.

1 Like

Crime is very low out this way. Very rural area.

Well…I disagree.

A molester will certainly molest… They are sick people. (Who need to be imprisoned or executed, not let out in the community to destroy another victim.)

But a guy who is just on a power trip? Those folks can have epiphanies, surely. Especially if they know there’ll be no Blue Wall and they’ll go to jail if they break the laws they’ve sworn to uphold.

WHAT ARE THOSE FOR?

(SOBBING)

I DON’T WANT THOSE PUT ON. I DON’T WANT THOSE PUT ON.

HELP. HELP ME PLEASE.

I DON’T WANT TO GO IN THE POLICE CAR.

NO. PLEASE. NO. PLEASE.

GIVE ME A SECOND CHANCE. PLEASE.

I WANT YOU TO TAKE ME HOME.

NO, NO, NO.

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.

PLEASE JUST LET ME GO.

NO. NO HELP ME!

PLEASE. PLEASE.

OW. OW. OW.

My heart is broken.

It builds character!

Way to show off the warrior spirit thats passing off for cop training these days…