This is starting to get out of hand

wow… just wow

1 Like

define harassment? in this woke culture having and stating a different opinion is considered assault.

1 Like

HIs being a victim of a horrible crime does not absolve him of things he says and does that contribute to the hatred going around.

I don’t disagree except with the causes.

I am not of that camp, not by a longshot. I wouldn’t last very long here if I were LOL. I don’t think my definition would be much different than a dictionary definition. Treatment designed to cause severe stress and/or fear in the targeted person.

And in your view the causes are?

On our end. The absence of the American male, etc. We’ve lost our moral compass.

The media et al are simply amplification and reflection.

ETA: Or were. They may be generating on their own now.

because his opinions are “dangerous?”

political rhetoric has always been heated… always.

and how many of the harassed individuals in the poll would hold to that, or even consider that someone stating their opinion isn’t something designed to cause stress and fear? snowflakes are as snowflakes do.

The OP theme seems to pin this on Trump’s election fraud nonsense. Nothing could be further from the truth. As I argued earlier, it transcends politics. The articles I pointed to were written in 2014 showing about 40% of those surveyed had been harassed. 41% in 2020 isn’t significantly higher.

Point is we can’t pin this on Trump or any other person or political party. It is simply an ugly side of the electronic age we now live in.

1 Like

They’ve been studying online harassment for years and have documented a notable change in the severity.

That would certainly be part of it.

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say Trump is one of the multiple guilty parties dumping gasoline on the fire, and it’s undeniable that his words carry further and louder than most, cuz you know, he was president.

2 Likes

We live in a much more hostile society these days, likely on account of social media amplifying hatred for whatever particular beliefs you hold. I don’t think anybody can tie Robbie’s troubles to Trump voters or Biden voters.

“And it’s like, ‘OK, that’s a different kind of career.’ Because then you need to always do a job that can financially support that lifestyle. You can’t just do indie films for the rest of your life because that film back there changed everything and now you have to be able to afford security. I just wish someone had explained a lot of those things to me early on. I wouldn’t have resented the position I found myself in because I would’ve known what I was getting myself into.”

https://movieweb.com/margot-robbie-death-threats-stalkers-suicide-squad-harley-quinn/

No its not safe to pin this on any single person.

2 Likes

Fair statement. And he was bombastic about it.

no, what they’ve noted is an increase in those reporting it in a poll

We are devolving.

1 Like

Which is why I did nothing of the sort and that’s exactly the kind of misdirection I alluded to.

Well,

giphy (1)